PDA

View Full Version : Icons

Stig1207
10-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I find having icons on necessary if I'm to have a decent chance of spotting other aircraft (whether friend or foe), but I think it would be a neat feature if the icons disappeared again once you got in close, maybe inside 800-1000 mtrs. Thus, in say a dogfight you would have to recognise aircraft type to establish whether it's a friendly or a bandit, estimate range to the target in the gunsight, etc.

I have, of cause, no idea whether this would be possible to code in the game.:grin:

lonewulf
10-10-2012, 02:10 AM
I don't know if what you propose can be done but it seems to me that it wouldn't be necessary if the visibility of aircraft was increased overall. As I understand it, aircraft visibility was improved with the last patch, and that's appreciated, however I still believe it has some way to go yet, to make the game really hum. At present it is extremely difficult if not impossible to locate aircraft that are flying below you over the sea. This means that fights over the channel are largely ruled out unless they happen to spill over from land based engagements. In my view, increasing aircraft visibility by a factor of 3 is probably required to enable people to get the most out of the game.

Woke Up Dead
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
At present it is extremely difficult if not impossible to locate aircraft that are flying below you over the sea. This means that fights over the channel are largely ruled out unless they happen to spill over from land based engagements. In my view, increasing aircraft visibility by a factor of 3 is probably required to enable people to get the most out of the game.

Funny, for me it is much tougher to find aircraft below me over land, particularly over forest. I can lose track of the small black dot over dark/black forest even when I know he's there. Maybe the color of the dot could brighten once in a while, to simulate the sun gleaming off the cockpit or wings? This could happen even at random; more often and more intensely on a bright day at noon, rarely in the morning or evening.

Bearcat
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Same here

Stig1207
11-08-2012, 04:51 AM
So, is any of the above possible, either icons fading out within closer distance or maybe a combination of increased aircraft visibility / reflections of wings?

As it is I'm experimenting with Toggle Icons mapped to my joystick, it's a feasible workaround but it is another button to push.

/Stig

FC99
11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
So, is any of the above possible, either icons fading out within closer distance or maybe a combination of increased aircraft visibility / reflections of wings?

Technically possible, maybe for 4.13.

Stig1207
11-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Music in my ears. Thanks FC and DT.

/Stig