PDA

View Full Version : This game is no good ! :(

No Good !
06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Before you ask: i think this game got a lot of good point, but... the bad point are even more and the final score is not really good.

I've made my personal list of bad point:

-The game makes you choose the level of difficulty accurately, but after some time even if you choose easy mode the game becomes like hell !
The other ship trash you, the missions getting harder and harder and your expenses for repair get even more bigger !
Of course if i choose easy mode i want an easy game, i'm not interested in challenge too much, just want to relax and enjoy the game.

-The ground mission in the advanced game phase are almost impossibile, you start at disavantage (with one base against 3-4-5 enemy bases !) and the enemy simply stomp over you base before you can even build some mechs :(

-Text missions are frustrating ! forcing the player to repeat endlessly the same sequences for hours until every aspect of the mission was writed down.
Trial and error, trial and error, trial and error for hours... until you simply drop the mission or take note for everything....

-Credits: is hard (even in easy mode !) to build up some credit.
Also the ship's repair costs are huge, forcing you to keep a low profile and never use good engine at full power, good harvester tool (because it got damaged even for loot material ! :-x ) or even more powerfull weapon (the space required and the repair cost kill you money account) and so on....
I've choosed mercant class, but the repair expenses are more high of the income, also you cannot make a living taking abandoned loot, the expenses for repair are too high !

-Even if you manage to upgrade a little and become more powerfull, all other ship became more powerfull with you !.
That mean, of course, than you never get stronger... just keep to live a miserable life looting dropped cargo or taking stupid delivery missions :(

-The class you choose got no impact on game except for the first ship you get.
But you simply take a wealth race, so you can get any ship...

-The "Black Hole" mission at start make you fight one enemy ship.
Then you fight against two enemy ship.
Then three... then four... and so on...
Result: after some time is impossibile to keep up and you never take again the "Black Hole" mission :rolleyes:

And in the end: frustrated, i searched some cheat.
I found the cheat, but... surprise ! you cannot even cheat, because you score will drop and the cheat use score point to work !
So you never finish this game whitout give some of you blood and life in excange...

That's it.
I dropped this game, hope some new version got an really easy mode.
And no stupid repair expenses..

phoenixreborn
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
How accurate is this? Or is it just pointless bashing that has little to do with the actual game?

parachute
10-09-2008, 06:12 AM
SR2 is one of the best games, I ever played. (And I play many games) I never tried to play it on easy though. Played through it 3 times on hard and I have just started my first attempt on impossible.

In detail.
The game gets more difficult after a while. But you get the right tools to deal with it: Wingmen, better weapons and hulls, better trading routes, higher pay for missions. If you run low on money after heavy fighting, you have to go trading or doing missions again. -- Fighting is not cost-efficent, it is expensive. But you have a galaxy to save, and you can keep the honour :)

(some of the bosses can be eliminated without firing a single shot btw. How hard is that?)

The text adventures require some thinking. If you hate text adventures or puzzles, simply don't do the missions. You get an autosave at the start of the mission. They take some time to solve. And some of them are really hard.

The planetary battles get harder as the game progresses. It is RTS after all. Doing a lot of things in a small amount of time helps. Building the right stuff in the right oder and designing good robots certainly helps too!

About enemies getting stronger. There is different phases in the game. As technology level progresses, enemies and NPC ships get stronger. The hardes part is the start though.

Overall it is a great game. The different starting positions are for role play purposes. You start with a different background. Playing according to this background (or at least trying to do!) is part of the fun!

phoenixreborn
10-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I like text adventure but I hate rts. If rts is a large component of the game I would avoid the game.

Kolorabi
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
The game is pretty much what you want it to be - if you don't like the RTS missions, you just do other things instead.

phoenixreborn
10-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Cool. It's probably cheap enough at this point to be worth buying. You've reassured me that the op just didn't learn how to play correctly.