PDA

View Full Version : AAA Problems with 4.09

Beebop
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm having some issues with getting AAA to fire consistently on the new maps. It's hit or miss. Not a particular AAA piece or placement. I've tried everything.
Any ideas?

Wild.Bill.Kelso
06-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Ditto on that! Same here. I just created a new dogfight mission and 'no' AAA will fire at all at the enemy or anybody.

I also created 2 Airstarts with the Runway 4 and Homebases as usual. One worked and the other started the aircraft only 50 feet above the ground... parked. When I started the engines and started moving, it went about 10 feet and fell to the ground in flames. I deleted that airstart and re-created it in the same location with the same results..

WBK

brando
06-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm having some issues with getting AAA to fire consistently on the new maps. It's hit or miss. Not a particular AAA piece or placement. I've tried everything.
Any ideas?

I've written a few missions for 4.09beta - never had any problems with either AAA or artillery in general. Any particular maps?

B

Feuerfalke
06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I've written a few missions for 4.09beta - never had any problems with either AAA or artillery in general. Any particular maps?

B

I read a few comments about the Slovakia-Map concerning these issues. IIRC there's also a thread on the Zoo on page1 about this.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
It's with the Slovakia map. Beebop and I both have this problem. I started a thread at the zoo about 4.09 and the Slovakia map that turned into a discussion about this issue...

brando
06-17-2008, 12:44 PM
OK, it was the Slovakia map I was thinking about myself. Is there a particular area which doesn't run AAA? I set up a night mission recently - with buckets of 88mm and searchlights along one of the river valleys that runs SW>NE. It works like a charm. However I did notice one odd fact: Although I was using the 88mm (German flak guns) the icons all showed up as Red and had to be altered manually to show Blue. I don't recall having to do that in previous versions.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
My dogfight map has airbases in the bottom/left (S/W) corner of the map at Nitra and Piestany. Neither base's artillary/aaa will fire at me. I even put Red AAA at the Blue Base and when I spawn at the blue base it won't fire at me.

Bearcat
06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
This must be in DF maps only because Papy Toa who writes a lot of oyur newer missions has no problem with getting flak to hit.. LMAO.

IceFire
06-18-2008, 03:30 AM
Could some of you post your mission files so we can have a look at them.

Also, a common mistake amongst mission designers is that they place 'static objects' rather than 'artillery' for the flak emplacements. Ends up being a bunch of useless AAA batteries that do not fire.

dflion
06-18-2008, 05:17 AM
IceFire has just answered my suggestion - Artillery must be selected for AA to work, not 'static AA objects'.
Also there is a properties box when you activate the artillery piece, it has a 'timeout' area for stopping AA fire for a certain period and a 'hold fire (m)' area - the number of minutes required. Double check that these box's have not been 'checked'?

Both the normal 'Slovakia Map' and 'Bessarabia' maps work ok with artillery on my game version 4.09b1m

DFLion

brando
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Also there is a properties box when you activate the artillery piece, it has a 'timeout' area for stopping AA fire for a certain period and a 'hold fire (m)' area - the number of minutes required.
DFLion

I think you'll the 'hold fire' option refers to distance - hence (m) = metres rather than minutes of delay. Set to, say, 500 m - this allows you to set a more realistic range for a machine-gun to open fire. Once the 'trigger' is pulled though, the AAA will fire at anyone who comes next at the usual range.

B

Aviar
06-18-2008, 10:11 PM
"Once the 'trigger' is pulled though, the AAA will fire at anyone who comes next at the usual range."

This is not totally correct. For instance, a plane that spawns after the AAA gun in question has fired will be engaged at the correct Hold Fire distance if it comes into range of that particular gun.

Aviar