PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 Stuka G1

KG26_Alpha
09-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi

Is there any chance this can be looked at from an armament point of view.

I have missions from many patches back that no longer work as they used to.

Due to:

Ineffective ammunition.

Low level/speed/stall handling.

Thanks.

MadBlaster
09-24-2012, 09:58 PM
before 4.11, i remember I had to keep fuel load around 30% and sometime add a little flap and keep engine cool. it seems to work okay. i wonder if those guns are heavier than full bomb load? maybe this is historically accurate for the plane to be underpowered with that setup. but I only guess.

edit:
interesting stuff here. these guns were heavy. the d and g series were both upgraded to 211-j for more hp. this increased bomb capacity. but also consider that addition of more armor protection to these models probably added weight, so offset some of the benefit of the hp upgrade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BK_37

top attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_attack

I never tried top attack on the heavy tanks in the game. maybe that is the trick?

KG26_Alpha
09-26-2012, 05:11 PM
IIRC

Things went strange, fire power wise, when they changed the bf110 Bk3.7 loading.

As for more armour, I see no difference in its toughness compared to ordinary Stukas in game.

Perhaps someone might look into the G1's encrypted data and see how its comparing with FM/DM of the other Stukas and what the Bk3.7 on it's set to, same as bf110 ?

:grin:

IceFire
09-27-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't think the Ju-87G-1 is the problem... the tanks armor values have changed at some point along the way. I noticed this with the IL-2 Type 3M and with the Hs129 as well.

csThor
09-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Some armor values in the game were utter fairy tales. The problem is that the tank DM is very simple, too simple to allow for every nuance to be modeled. :-?

RPS69
09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually, the only beast you cant kill with a G1 is a Stock KV1. It's top armor is 40mm thick, and for this guns, thats an impossible to penetrate armour.
But yes, on all other tanks, the tactic is coming from back, and hit them in their upper rear.
Very important to keep in mind gun conversion! There is an exact time to shoot.