PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help boys...

benson
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
....Decided to reinstall after a long time away, everything went fine patched up to 4.10 but from here I'm stuck. I was going to install some maps but the folder layout isn't as I remember it. Where does the static ini go?

fly_zo
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
if modactivator / HSFX :

default:

...\Files\com\maddox\il2\objects\

or you can have customized version here ( so original file stays intact but not loaded) :

....MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\

it's similar with SAS / UP installations but i can't remember exact folder names ( #SAS# or something) , why they changed Mods\STD to "whatever" is beyond me cos it improves nothing.

hope that helps

reg.
Z

benson
09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your reply fly_zo.I used to have the game on Windows XP I now have Vista and the file/folder structure isn't as I remember on this system. First off I installed in C>Program files and it seemed to me there were folders missing although the game played ok so i uninstalled and reinstalled to Users>Documents where I have Cliffs of Dover but nothing has changed. For instance I don't have Files>com>maddox>il2>objects and I have opened very folder in the directory to check.Shouldn't they be in i18n?

fly_zo
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your reply fly_zo.I used to have the game on Windows XP I now have Vista and the file/folder structure isn't as I remember on this system. First off I installed in C>Program files and it seemed to me there were folders missing although the game played ok so i uninstalled and reinstalled to Users>Documents where I have Cliffs of Dover but nothing has changed. For instance I don't have Files>com>maddox>il2>objects and I have opened very folder in the directory to check.Shouldn't they be in i18n?

well you aren't supposed to have those on clean "vanilla" installation . Files and Mods folders come with modded installation so get either Modactivator ( if you want to install mods manually) or some of mod-packs like HSFX ... patch game to 4.11.1 (official DT patch) and get HSFX 6.0 so you have most recent game version and still mod friendly.

reg
Z

benson
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
:rolleyes:Am I stupid or what? Thanks again.