PDA

View Full Version : Two Previews

Imperial Dane
06-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Seems like King's Bounty is getting around now, found two previews, one at gamespy the other at gamespot.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battle-lord/881114p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/kingsbountythelegend/news.html?sid=6192445

Daystar
06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
The previews look good, and from them one can guess that a Demo is on it's way.

uk_john
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Excuse me, but two good previews?

Does no one read any more, or is it okay for Gamespy to say that part of the reason this game got 9+ scores in Russia was due to the game being developed there? Isn't that racist? I mean, a game outside of the U.S. gets good scores because it's made in the same non-U.S. country as the reviewers! Can you imagine Gamespy or any other site saying that about an American game and American reviewers?!

I mean, surely, anywhere in the world gamers want to see honest reviews and buy on that basis? In what way could a Russian reviewer with a game worthy of a '3' score be able to give it a '9' based on it being home-grown? On that basis I suppose Gamespy thinks that American games worthy of '9' scores get '3' scores in Russia and gamers over there believe it?!

It amazes me how comments like the above can just be ignored by everyone!

Imperial Dane
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh stop being so political correct and foolish.
The only way it is going to be racist is if you define Russians as a completely different race than the rest, in which case, you are the racist :P
In any case, ever heard of a thing called nationalism ? You know where everything from your own country is so much better than everything elses ? I am not saying it is the cause here, but it has struck me as a possible thought to all these great reviews.
But if you read further throug the preview it does seem they agree with the russian reviews so far.

@Daystar: perhaps, although the previewers probably got a special press demo i imagine.

Sol Invictus
06-13-2008, 02:08 AM
I usually just ignore all reviews and get as much feedback from players as I can and play demos before I buy a game. I have been burned too many times and have many other things that I can waste money on. I must say though, the buzz does sound good for King's Bounty so far.