PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for future TBS games.

NelsMonsterX
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Since 1C is quickly becoming the leader of turn-based strategy gaming for the PC, I think it would be cool to offer up suggestions for them to take into consideration for future game development. TBS gamers reside in a relatively niche market, so I think our ideas should be welcome.

I'll start it off with the one thing that has never really been done digitally that is quite common/popular in minature gaming (which is basically the real life equivalent of TBS games): booster packs. The collectible gaming market has always utilized the sales of expansion sets to maintain their games but this has never been done in a stand-alone PC game. I'd love to see a turn-based strategy game that mimicked that collectible game style of play, with a gradually growing collection of units and play options such as booster draft (limited play). There are online games like PoxNora that are doing this right now with some success, but I think many people would much prefer a complete package from a single purchase or through a few expansions than having to spend hundreds of dollars (rubles, euros, etc.) on a growing collection. Even by throwing in a booster style game mechanic into Fantasy Wars or King's Bounty would be totally awesome and would be a blast in online play.

There's my big wish for the future of TBS games. Now let's hear some more from the community!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-11-2008, 06:25 AM
I think it will be better if we see more action games from 1c than strategy games! I dont like strategy games they are piece of crap! I like only action games like INFERNAL for example and fps games like Alpha Prime, DOOM 3 e.t.c. I also like platform games, like Sonic the hedgehog series. I would like to see more action fps games from 1c and even some platfrom games like sonic not strategy games!

NelsMonsterX
06-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I think it will be better if we see more action games from 1c than strategy games! I dont like strategy games they are piece of crap! I like only action games like INFERNAL for example and fps games like Alpha Prime, DOOM 3 e.t.c. I also like platform games, like Sonic the hedgehog series. I would like to see more action fps games from 1c and even some platfrom games like sonic not strategy games!

Um, way to go off topic. In case you didn't read the original post, I wasn't asking if you like TBS games or not. I wanted to hear ideas on how to make TBS games better. So in effect, I wasn't talking to those like you who don't care about strategy games. Start your own thread if you feel like bashing strategy games.