PDA

View Full Version : pacificplanes.dat problems

viktor94
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I just tried to change the cruise speed of some aircraft and fix the F6F loadout in this file.
But in the game nothing seems to be changed.:sad:
I have written the speed values ​​into the left column of the three numbers after the planes name.
I also replaced all F6F entries with the correct loadouts from a previous thread in this forum.

So, what have I done wrong?

RPS69
09-05-2012, 02:15 AM
I just tried to change the cruise speed of some aircraft and fix the F6F loadout in this file.
I have written the speed values ​​into the left column of the three numbers after the planes name.
I also replaced all F6F entries with the correct loadouts from a previous thread in this forum.

Posting this in the wrong section, and/or forum for a start...

HundertneunGustav
09-09-2012, 11:09 PM
you tried to mod a stock game...?

wheelsup_cavu
09-10-2012, 04:58 AM
you tried to mod a stock game...?

The PacificPlanes.Dat file is not a mod.

Make sure that you have not altered the PacificPlanes.txt file. Since this is all that the stock game loads upon installation this is a distinct possibility.

This post I linked below at SimHQ covers how to make a EuroPlanes.DAT file from your EuroPlanes.txt file.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3640427/Re_Maps_Campaigns_not_showing_.html#Post3640427

The procedure to create a PacificPlanes.DAT file from the PacificPlanes.txt file is the same.

Wheels

viktor94
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Thank you, cavu!

Your link is really helpful and I will try that soon.

Fortunately I made a Backup when I altered the PacificPlanes.txt