PDA

View Full Version : Which COD entry do I mod to?

Whizkid
08-21-2012, 06:30 PM
I can't figure out why the IL-2 COD installation appears in both Documents and Program Files. Is it to do with Steam?
However, which one do I point any Missions and Mods to for installing? I see that if I install to the Program Files Installation some of the folders appear in the 1C Softclub Installation but not all of them. Can someone clear this up for me?

salmo
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Missions & custom plane skins go into your Documents - 1CSoftclub folders. The game itself is in your Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder.

You would not ordinarily need to fiddle with your Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover game folder, except if you want to install the beta-patches manually. This is done by extracting the beta patch into the "game-root" folder (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) which will overwrite the game's 'parts' subfolder.

Whizkid
08-23-2012, 04:05 AM
Many thanks for the help, Salmo. I'm running a 32-bit Win XP, but I assume the set-up is the same. Interestingly, I just installed "Squadron 32" mission, and he says to put the contents of the zip file into SteamApps Campaign folder, then edit the Campaign.ini file for it. I'll soon find out if it works!