PDA

View Full Version : Two bugs

The Rider
06-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi all,
I am playing King's Bounty for a week, I am on the Pirate Islands, around lvl 15 and I found a strange bug that disturbs my gameplay as a mage.
I got the frog wife (+3 inteligence), we got married :-) and we got 2 children. When the second of them came, her bonus was supposed to give me +4 magic scrolls (max 7 scrolls before that with one level of wisdom). What happened was that that bonus didnt increase the maximum slots for the scrolls but made it exactly 4. I thought, ok, it is a minor bug, I can play that way too. But on the eastern islands I found almost no crystals to learn the scrolls I had and the stores were full of spells I didnt know and I couldnt buy them because of the limit. With level up, I increased the wisdom skill to the second level (+6 scrolls), thinking that could reverse the things, but that bonus again wasnt added to the number of scrolls but became the new cap (6 scrolls maximum, without the child I would have 9 max scrolls). I made an attempt to understand the system, made one quicksave, divorsed the elven princes, the kids went away and I got...2 scrolls maximum (6-4) to have in the magic book. I would like to know who typed the "=" instead of "+" in the script when adding a bonus, but didnt forget the "-" when removing that bonus :):):)

The second thing I found is in the Exile castle, when the governor gave me the quest to go to Mano Riveres after killing his brother. In the dialog at the end I got two opportunities: either to attack Mano or to attack the assassins outside of his castle. No matter what I choose I always fight against Mano, but if I choose the second option (killing the bandits), after the battle, he is my friend and is telling me "great job, thanks for killing them" (as if we didnt fight against each other before minutes):-P

It may be strange for you to read that in the english forums, but I cant speak that well russian (I can only read russian and I have to say I understand more than 80% of the texts in the game, which is great, I couldnt wait the game to be released in english).

Nike-it
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi, I'm also playing this fantastic game, but didn't notice these bugs. What version do you play? Try to download patch 1.4 from official web-site (www.kings-bounty.com) it may solve your problem.

The Rider
06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi, I'm also playing this fantastic game, but didn't notice these bugs. What version do you play? Try to download patch 1.4 from official web-site (www.kings-bounty.com) it may solve your problem.

thanks, I didnt know that there is a 1.4 patch, I play the game with 1.2 and in fact I havent checked too hard for newer version.
I wanted to submit the bugsinfo not as a complain (because there is not a single thing in the game I can complain about) but to be made perfect :)
edit: I saw on the official website that there is even 1.5 patch. The two things I wrote were corrected in 1.3.1 patch
thanks again :)