PDA

View Full Version : To fly Ju 88 with only one engine...

JG3_Hartmann
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
...the crew had to dump a big amount of their fuel and had to get rid of their guns and some armor plates.

In CloD, if you lose one engine on the Ju 88 you have only the chance to make a more or less controlled crash.
Wouldn´t it be nice to have the ability to dump some fuel and jettison the outer bomb racks and maybe some armor or the machine guns to have a chance to geht home?

We have a game which wants to be higly realistic, so I think it would be nice to have such things in game to. And especially the fuel dumping wouldn´t be too hard to do...but on the other hand...the brakes on the Ju 87 still don´t work (at last they won´t work for me -.-) so........:confused:

IvanK
08-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Fuel Dump/Jettison is an option in a number of types. The Blenheim IV for instance IRL had the ability to jettison fuel from the outer wing tanks CLOD even has the jettison control in the cockpit ... alas not yet implemented.

I agree Fuel jettison should be modelled on those types that had the capability.

Crumpp
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
In CloD, if you lose one engine on the Ju 88 you have only the chance to make a more or less controlled crash.

That is most TE aircraft. Second engine ensures you make it all the way to the crash site.

von Brühl
08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Good link so info about the Ju-88: It does describe some of the procedures needed after emergency shut down of a single engine, seems it was pretty hard to get her sorted to hopefully be able to maintain altitude.

http://www.allworldwars.com/Ju-88-Flying-Operations-Manual.html

JV44Priller
09-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Fuel dump would be a nice feature if you needed to get light very quickly.