PDA

View Full Version : Official Trailer and Website Go Live

ironfelix
08-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Today we present you the new website (http://www.kingsbountygame.com) dedicated to King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Hope you enjoy it – make sure you read the extensive info about the new hero Olaf, his gorgeous Valkyries, new race, new battle system and new school of magic and much more.

Please have a look at the first of the game and don’t forget to change your wallpapers with the ones we created especially for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmDY3gLKp4

Stay tuned for more!

Zhuangzi
08-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Estimated release date in English?

ironfelix
08-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Estimated release date in English?

as stated before - this autumn

saroumana
08-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Autumn is a bit too vague. :)

Totoro
08-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Thank you for contacting us. I've been checking this site for updates almost daily since April.

Puce Moose
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the update! Like Totoro, I've been checking the site once a day since April hoping for more news. It's good to see some movement!

ironfelix
08-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Guys, thank you for your interest in the game. Sorry we were silent here. We do not have the exact date atm it depends on several things you know, so as soon as we have one - we'll let you know here I promise.

J.B.
08-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Thank you for the update! The HP-content looks fine so far. :)

But after checking it out, I have two questions regarding the races/units:

1. Will the Lizardmen still be there?

2. Will the new Units from Crossworlds (Runemage, Engineer, Faun, Blood Shaman, etc.) remain in WOTN?

Thanks in advance

J.B.

Fatt_Shade
08-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Autumn is a bit too vague. I must agree with this, because 1 year ago release date was spring 2012, then summer, then autumn . . .

Guys, thank you for your interest in the game. Sorry we were silent here. We do not have the exact date atm it depends on several things you know, so as soon as we have one - we'll let you know here I promise. Ofc we are interested :-) This is best tactical/strategy/RPG on market, and we all w8 for new things to see but you (devs) weren`t much open with news about this game. When KB-AP was planed to release we had info about new specs ( achievemnts, units, skills and so) on in game. Now we see new runic magic tree in spell book 1:06 - 1:08 in video on first post here but it`s a bit confusing there are some old spells (enchanted hero, ice snake, gloth armor, ice shards, ice ball, soul drain), and some new/old rage spirit skills from KB-tL (like chargers), and other spell icons that were shown in video at that moment.
New Valkyries are interesting to see, but so far we have no info how/what they do (and in video they are fully functional) so why not posting 10 lines of text to give us some clue about new companions. Or new achievement tree shown at 1:25, skills/awards(i guess this mean medals shown at 1:29? i see 15 of them, but no info)

@J.B. 2) i think units from KB-CW will be here also at 1:26 Rune mage is using his skill destruction ray.

And in the end friendly info for devs to check http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29080 and see how spell system is changed in this mod to work properly longer spell duration as described in intellect info hero screen, but didnt work as said in all 3 games KB-tL ,AP, CW.

ironfelix
08-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Guys, if you think we intentionally change the release plans because we love to do so you are not right here, ok? We'd have loved to release the game in spring should it be ready by that time.
You will be the first to inform us if there's something wrong with the game if we rush the release. So it would be great if you could still wait a little more. You will enjoy the new KB.
Now about spells and other information - Fatt_shade, my friend, if you read those "10 lines of text" with a little more attention you would have noticed the new website mention and here's where you can see a description of new magic description (http://www.kingsbountygame.com/handbook/magic). As for Valkyries - here's some info (http://www.kingsbountygame.com/handbook/characters2) on them
So please have a closer look @ the website.
JB,
1) No, the Lizardmen they live in Teana. There is no lizardmen in endoria, they are extinct there.
2) There are units from CW in the WotN, just cant tell you exactly which ones.

J.B.
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
@Fatt_Shade

Thanks for the info, but it's also not that bad to have a confirmation from the devs! ;)

@ ironfelix

Thanks for the quick answer. :)

Regarding the Lizardmen, I just thought, that it would have been great to took some of them over as Neutral Units. :)

Just two last questions on the topic Units:

As the Vikings are the Basic-Race for Warriors of the North, I'm wondering why there are only 8 different units? Humans, as Basic-Race in TL and AP(CW) have 12 (13 with the Runemages). Is there a specific reason why there are only 8 units for the Vikings, are there more to come or was it planned this way? BTW: Did you ever thought about transferring Barbarians and Berserkers from Neutrals to Vikings?

Finally, Thumbs up for the Jotun and the Ice Dragon! They look great!!! :)

Greetz

J.B.

ironfelix
08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Just two last questions on the topic Units:

As the Vikings are the Basic-Race for Warriors of the North, I'm wondering why there are only 8 different units? Humans, as Basic-Race in TL and AP(CW) have 12 (13 with the Runemages).

The thing is that there are too many humans out there, j/k ... If you look @ the other races - they are also around 7-8 units, and Lizardmen also had that number, correct me if i'm wrong.

Did you ever thought about transferring Barbarians and Berserkers from Neutrals to Vikings?

Vikings do have Berserkers :)

Finally, Thumbs up for the Jotun and the Ice Dragon! They look great!!! :)

Greetz

J.B.

Thanks, it's always kewl to have a dragon :)

1darklord
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Awesomeness It's great to have new info, thanks for sharing ironfelix! :-P

Daniel.

J.B.
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
The thing is that there are too many humans out there, j/k ... If you look @ the other races - they are also around 7-8 units, and Lizardmen also had that number, correct me if i'm wrong.

It's about 50-50. :)

Elves have 11 (12), Undead 12 (13) and Humans 12 (13) Units. On the other side we have Dwarvens with 8 (9), Lizardmen with 8, Demons with 7 and Orcs with 7 (11). (Numbers in brackets = including CW-Units)

As Humans are the basic (starting) race in TL & AP/CW this number of units makes sense to me. And that was reason for my question regarding the viking units. :)

Vikings do have Berserkers :)

Ah, good to know! Can't wait to play the game!!! ;)

Thanks, it's always kewl to have a dragon :)

Definetly! And a Giant is also nice to have! :cool:

BTW: In the first Screenshots there were some objects (e.g. a campfire) on the Battle-Area-Maps, that I didn't know from TL and KB/CW. Unfortunately I've found no entries for those objects on the HP. Will there be some new objects or were those things just placeholders?

Thanks again & Best regards

J.B.

Fatt_Shade
08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
@ironfelix I`m not saying you ppl dont do your jobs, just mentioned that some news/info from time to time would be nice. KB-WotN was announced more year ago, and since then we got only couple of news about it here http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-warriors-of-the-north/overview and i was mostly delays :-( This official site you informed us about started 15.8.2012 and i did see info about valkyries and new magic but i saw it 1 day ago, and first walkthrough was posted 16.2.2012 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29828 that`s 6 months ago and valkyries and new medals/achievements/spells were functional then and no info was posted about any of it.
I know we aren`t big community and big spenders like Diablo3/WoW players, but we love this franchise (just look at all mods and things players did all by themselves : Red sands , Legendary warriors, HoMM3 babies , Adventure and many other mods done by true tactical players), so i only said what i said and it may sound a bit harsh to you. But fact is that we didnt get any big info for upcoming game before this site 15.8.2012.

1darklord
08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Fatt_Shade, if you complain at people when they give you info, next time they won't bother. Please don't scare Ironfelix off, we've waited long enough after all! I for one am pleased for any info he shares with us. :)

Daniel.

rickah88
08-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Today we present you the new website (http://www.kingsbountygame.com) dedicated to King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Hope you enjoy it – make sure you read the extensive info about the new hero Olaf, his gorgeous Valkyries, new race, new battle system and new school of magic and much more.

Please have a look at the first of the game and don’t forget to change your wallpapers with the ones we created especially for you.

Stay tuned for more!

Thanks so much for the update! The new trailer looks fantastic.

Will it be available on physical media(dvd-rom) right away? Via Amazon, etc?

Again, thank you for taking the time to keep us updated...despite some in the forum, it is greatly appreciated!

Fatt_Shade
08-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Hero : finally changed lds gain between paladin (skald) and warrior(viking), i mentioned this long ago, it just seem that paladin class were totally inferior in development to warrior/mage. How about this idea i asked bladeking77 in his adventure mod post 59 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22725&highlight=attackb&page=6 . So far we had attack/defense pure bonuses up to 300%dmg inflicted/30%dmg taken , but intellect is more complex formula. We get spell dmg with every int, then 10% more with every 7int points, and spells should last longer for every 15int points(but they dont, as i mentioned in KB-tL mod HoMM babies Matt there made this work properly). So in post i refer to bladeking77 made it so on every X attack/defense player get crit%, or resistance% , so it gives some difficulty to player to choose item he carry (pure bonus like belt of luck +10%crit, or ogre belt +4def and if this 4def get you past next step for defense bonus +res% for all units, or any of other choices in item buid).

Valkyries : you gain all 5 of them from start, and pick 1 to be main 100% and other get 25% exp compared to her power ? How does this work, main Valkyrie uses her rage skills with 100% and other rage skills spend full rage cost for 25% of their strenght ? And they lvlup by sacrificing items to them, OK this sound like buying exp instead earning it. But we`ll see how it goes.

Skills : there are bunch of new skills and some old that are easily recognizable, but what are exactly class specific skills ? Durability of north/Absolute rage , Edda/Warriors of Valhala(this must be old Resurrection) , Alchemy(from Legend)/High magic(=High magic :-) . What are Icy rage, Shield of rage, Berserker, Runic power . . . ? And placement of some skills rise questions : `Reserve` is at end of mind tree, so you`ll have to spend lots of runes before being able to lead additional unit for restocking ? Or `Creator` in magic, is old healer which is now available after upgrading almost all other magic skills.

Medals : . . . damn where to begin. First with old problems
1) Treasure hunter = bonus exp, not really connected. Better to change this to new Fat cat medal.
2) Blind rage = crit% , why ? more rage we use, more rage inflow / rage skill bonus exp / slower rage drain after battle / something that is connected to rage, not crit% for army. And there is new Talented warrior that also gives bonus for using lots of rage. 2 medals for same thing ?
3) since there are no more lizard units, what happened with reptile slayer ?
4) iron knight pl change spell requirements for this medal for something that is useful for warrior class. My idea in AP/CW was to change this obnus to +physical dmg% to units, since spells choice was mainly to benefit warriors army, not connected to rage in any way.
5) holy warrior whole medal for dmg bonus on 2 mainly support units, not really worth of effort. So far ppl got this purely by chance and not for it`s bonus.
6) Crystal collector ,is this bonus for unused crystals, or for number you gathered during whole game ? And what is magic bonus for it, more spell dmg or . . .?
7) Acolyte of Odin, nice idea bonus for using combat spells , but it somehow overlaps with Fire mage and it`s use fire arrow/fireball/fire rain (all dmging spells). I changed it in AP/CW to lower enemy resistances by 3/6/9% for magic/fire/astral dmg so it gives bonus against enemy, not simple +mana for using lots of spells.

Some info on achievement choices shown at 1:25 in video in first post here? Are those n battle bonuses, or passive/active choices you pick every turn, or . . . ?

For some reference on my bitching in previous posts it not my intention to cause problems just for long time we had no information at all about development and i wanted to see what is available on this new game site, and ask things i found maybe a bit odd in previous games (like medals relations i said above, or attack/defense weak comparing to intellect upgrades). So i ask to discuss, not to confront other on this forum.

rickah88
08-17-2012, 04:13 PM
For some reference on my bitching in previous posts it not my intention to cause problems just for long time we had no information at all about development and i wanted to see what is available on this new game site, and ask things i found maybe a bit odd in previous games (like medals relations i said above, or attack/defense weak comparing to intellect upgrades). So i ask to discuss, not to confront other on this forum.

How about instead of putting the cart in front of the horse, do this:

1) Let them finish the game
2) Purchase the game when it's released
3) Enjoy the game
4) Then start offering up suggestions/fix/mods

1C is a gaming company. They make games. I don't think it's written, anywhere, in their business model to NOT make games for the sole purpose of annoyinng overanxious fans.
I get that you like the game and break it down to it's 1's & 0's, I get that. I'm a fan too, we all are. That's why we're here.
But posting page after page of what YOU think should go into the game is only going to achieve one thing: Nothing.

Again, just relax, create another mod for AP, and let these guys do their job so, hopefully, WE ALL can enjoy this highly anticipated game in a few months!

MattCaspermeyer
08-17-2012, 06:18 PM
@ironfelix

Thanks for the update!

The wallpapers really look nice, but I was hoping to get some higher resolution wallpapers like you've provided in the past for your King's Bounty games - any chance for some 1920x1200 wallpapers in the future?

By the way, as a modder, I can appreciate how long it takes to make this stuff work to the level of satisfaction needed to release a really solid game and just want to extend my thanks to you and the entire development team for pumping out new content for this game, which is simply gorgeous to look at, amazingly fun to play, and even more fun to tinker with and mod! :)

/C\/C\

Fatt_Shade
08-18-2012, 12:55 AM
And again i apologize for sounding to harsh, but I only wanted to say some of my thoughts and get response. That is how things happen, by getting attention of ppl and then they spending time to solve some issue.

For changing paladin with warrior lds gain i said long time ago here on forum, so now in announced WotN i see this is implemented in game. i dont know did some1 saw my post, or they planed to do it regardless but i think it`s great to boost paladin class this way.
Also in past i gave some suggestions and ideas in mod treads, and couple of times moders answered and gave me ideas how to do those things since i didnt know myself, and that is why i post my ideas here waiting to get suggestions about them. I changed attack/defense bonuses thx to bladeking77 help in his adventure mod, so it`s now something like intellect bonus +1point more dmg, +7 = bonus crit% / resistances%. In red sands mod there was bonus Hp for units when they lvlup and it was possible to get 1st lvl units with 45hp, there i changed it to be hp%, so low lvl units get +5hp max, and 5th lvl +60/80hp depending on unit. There are some other things i did by myself, but I asked for help on couple problems. Every unit/skill/item in this game are different , so i asked why some medals for same thing done in game give different bonuses to hero.

In the end, i`m not moder like players that make whole new things in game and change mechanics, but i like to try some ideas that makes game a bit better and that is only reason why i suggested to change some of things in my previous post.

axelle
08-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Can you please make sure that the map/campaign editor is more user friendly this time? :)

1darklord
08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I can't wait! :D

Daniel.

Anti-global
08-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Will there be a demo available for download?

BluePhoenix
08-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Waiting for the game eagerly. I'm especially excited about the new medals.

Love the new website. BUT I noticed a slight flaw. The Skald (which is obviously Paladin) has the Mage icon, and the Soothsayer (which is obviously Mage) has the Paladin icon. Is this intentional or just a website design overlook? I'm kind of OCD about these stuff. :-P

1darklord
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
If you are looking for other improvements then the text for the medals could do with updating, eg,

Holy Warrior. This medal is reserved for those of the Skald class. The vocation of a pious paladin is to bring healing to the wounded and relief to the suffering, in the name of the all-bountiful Light. While virtue is its own reward, the compassionate paladin who uses the spells of Healing and Blessings on his troops finds his good deeds recognized by the bestowal of the Holy Warrior medal. This talisman increases the damage of the Paladin’s Priests and Inquisitors.

It keeps talking about a Paladin instead of a Skald, also I didn't realise Skald's were holy warriors, do they realy worship the all-bountiful Light? The Skald's description mentions the god's ressurect their troops but that is about it.

The Skald, first and foremost, is a skilled leader who knows how to command large armies. While Vikings excel in Rage and power, the Skald gains in numerical superiority and morale. This leader inspires his troops before the battle, singing the Chant (using the unique ability ‘Edda’), and the gods resurrect a portion of his fallen warriors after each battle (through the unique ability ‘Warriors of Valhalla’). He gains leadership faster than anyone else, and in battle, he strengthens, cures, and resurrects his warriors using magic. He is skilled in abilities of the Mind.

Daniel.

Mandea
08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
ironfelix: Thank you for the info. I have a few questions:
1. Are there new bosses or the old, or not at all? If there are, how many?
2. Can you tell us anything about game length? roughly as long as Armored Princess? much longer, much shorter?
3. I've read something about "The ability to forge new items". Can you be more specific?
4. Can we expect surprises? I don't know, something different and exciting.

Thank you and I can't wait for this game.

Nike-it
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
It keeps talking about a Paladin instead of a Skald, also I didn't realise Skald's were holy warriors, do they realy worship the all-bountiful Light? The Skald's description mentions the god's ressurect their troops but that is about it.

There is a mistake in the text and it will be fixed asap. The right proper text is: "This talisman increases the damage of the Paladins, Priests and Inquisitors."

1darklord
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
There is a mistake in the text and it will be fixed asap. The right proper text is: "This talisman increases the damage of the Paladins, Priests and Inquisitors."

Ah cool, happy to help. :)

Daniel.

Nike-it
08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
ironfelix: Thank you for the info. I have a few questions:
1. Are there new bosses or the old, or not at all? If there are, how many?
2. Can you tell us anything about game length? roughly as long as Armored Princess? much longer, much shorter?
3. I've read something about "The ability to forge new items". Can you be more specific?
4. Can we expect surprises? I don't know, something different and exciting.

Thank you and I can't wait for this game.

1) There will be a couple of new bosses.
2) The game should offer 60+ hours of gameplay
3) Yes, there is a special ability that allows you to create new items
4) There will be surprises;)

J.B.
08-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update Nike-it! :)

The more I read those anwsers, the more I want to play! :-)

Some questions from my side:

In both trailers it seems, that emeny heroes are standing beside the battle area, is that correct? And will there be new objects in the battle areas (e.g. campfire)?

The most interesting question for me is if there will be additional slots for items, as there are no armor-bearers like in TL (wifes) and AP/CW (compagnions)? It seems to me that most of the items will be there to "feed" the valkyries which would be a pity in my opinion. Are there still item sets which will give Olaf a bonus or will the valkyries give Olaf the boni of the items sacrificed to them?

Do you have any news if the editor is implemented or an updated version can be found with WOTN?

Best regards

J.B.

ironfelix
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
J.B.

Yes, some enemy armies has commanders, who, like Olaf, are present at the battlefield. Unlike Olaf those commanders can only cast spells and show their emotions.

There are no additional slots for items. Sadly, Valkiries don't transfer bonuses of items sacrificed to them by Olaf.

As for the editor - the game will feature the same one as CW.

J.B.
08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
J.B.

Yes, some enemy armies has commanders, who, like Olaf, are present at the battlefield. Unlike Olaf those commanders can only cast spells and show their emotions.

There are no additional slots for items. Sadly, Valkiries don't transfer bonuses of items sacrificed to them by Olaf.

As for the editor - the game will feature the same one as CW.

Thanks a lot for these anwsers! Regarding the Commanders and the Editor this sounds very good so far. :)

So the (old) editor from CW can be used for WOTN! Ok, but will it be implemented in WOTN for those who did not have AP/CW or not?

Kind regards

J.B.

Mandea
08-21-2012, 01:06 PM
1) There will be a couple of new bosses.
2) The game should offer 60+ hours of gameplay
3) Yes, there is a special ability that allows you to create new items
4) There will be surprises;)

Thanks, great news. I hope for an October/November release.

ironfelix
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
So the (old) editor from CW can be used for WOTN! Ok, but will it be implemented in WOTN for those who did not have AP/CW or not?
J.B.

Most likely it will be there, yes.

J.B.
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Most likely it will be there, yes.

Great! Thanks for taking the time to share those infos with us! :)

ironfelix
08-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Great! Thanks for taking the time to share those infos with us! :)

you are more than welcome! :)

thufir11
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Please, will be demo?

axelle
08-21-2012, 08:29 PM
can you please work on the editor so that people can make custom campaigns? as of right now, i have seen like 1 custom campaign, whereas for games like heroes of might and magic 3, there are tens of thousands of custom maps/campaigns.

Anti-global
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
1)The game should offer 60+ hours of gameplay

Is that more than Armored princess?

axelle
08-24-2012, 04:47 PM
guys, if you haven't already, check out the OST's of this new expansion, it's awesome!

http://www.kingsbountygame.com/files/music

they are created by the same person that made Under the shadow of the oak.

Darkeonz
08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
1) How many new items can we expect? And will some of the old ones be removed?

2) how many new creatures are in warriors of the north (approximately)

Anti-global
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
It would be nice to put description and features of the viking units on the new site.