PDA

View Full Version : HSFX6.0 wont launch

dodger
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
patched to 4.11.1. copied game to another hard drive, install of mod went well.
went into jsme enabler and chose hsfx history mod. new spash screen comes up,makes it to 5 % then ctd. any ideas bout what i missed? thanx

5./JG27.Farber
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Are you sure 4.11.1 Launched? Did you run 4.11.1?

Im having the same deal but Im seeing 4.11.1 as the problem, patching with 4.10 megapatch first which works.

Gribbers
09-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I just re-installed from scratch, patched up to 4.11.1 as usual, checked the game after each patch and v4.11.1 works fine.

Installed HSFX 6.0 correctly. Opened the JSGME file in my IL2 folder. Flicked the HSFX history mod over to the right (with nothing else there).

Double click on the IL2 desktop icon...and goes straight into normal IL2 with 4.11.1 (i.e no HSFX splash screen). I can still play the game but isn't there supposed to be an updated HSFX interface??? :confused:

Any ideas?

Hlander
09-19-2012, 02:53 AM
I just re-installed from scratch, patched up to 4.11.1 as usual, checked the game after each patch and v4.11.1 works fine.

Installed HSFX 6.0 correctly. Opened the JSGME file in my IL2 folder. Flicked the HSFX history mod over to the right (with nothing else there).

Double click on the IL2 desktop icon...and goes straight into normal IL2 with 4.11.1 (i.e no HSFX splash screen). I can still play the game but isn't there supposed to be an updated HSFX interface??? :confused:

Any ideas?

Make sure you have extracted all the files in the main HSFX 6.0 download. I think there are 3 from memory.

Download and install micro patch

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1302

Then download the updater and extract into IL2 main folder

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1368

Run updater.

Worked for me.

**added micro patch bit.

Decon
10-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Any ideas?

Yes there is......

OK, downloads, there are 3 HSFX Executables and 9 files to be downloaded and ALL 9 files must be in the same folder. Once you have these files double-click the Part1 Executable and stand back and watch! It will activate the other 2 executables as needed and install all 9 files. You are now at HSFX 6.0

Install the patch to update to 6.0.1 and then the Micro fix to go to 6.0.11

Now, download and install the Auto Updater. During the install you will be asked to either install or repair C++ Redistributable...this is a MUST. Do it!

Now that the Auto Updater is installed, open your Main IL-2 folder and find the HSFX_Client_Updater.exe. Double click and run it. It will take you from 6.0.11 to the current 6.0.16. It is a 539 Meg d'load and will take 2-3 hours!

You are finally ready to open the JSGME.exe GUI and move 'HSFX history mod' from left to right.

Seriously, if it doesn't run....YOU did something wrong!

My best and GL
D

Asheshouse
10-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes there is......

OK, downloads, there are 3 HSFX Executables and 9 files to be downloaded and ALL 9 files must be in the same folder. Once you have these files double-click the Part1 Executable and stand back and watch! It will activate the other 2 executables as needed and install all 9 files. You are now at HSFX 6.0

Check the game runs at this point
Should start with HSFX screen showing v6.0

Install the patch to update to 6.0.1 and then the Micro fix to go to 6.0.11

Check the game runs at this point
Should start with HSFX screen showing v6.0.11

Now, download and install the Auto Updater. During the install you will be asked to either install or repair C++ Redistributable...this is a MUST. Do it!

Now that the Auto Updater is installed, open your Main IL-2 folder and find the HSFX_Client_Updater.exe. Double click and run it. It will take you from 6.0.11 to the current 6.0.16. It is a 539 Meg d'load and will take 2-3 hours!

You are finally ready to open the JSGME.exe GUI and move 'HSFX history mod' from left to right.

Seriously, if it doesn't run....YOU did something wrong!

My best and GL
D

See insert notes.
Do not install in c:\Program Files (important in Win7 installations)
Install to c:\Games

For full list of patches check here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=059a2071b08a1ba0d9b0a00987d11d3b