PDA

View Full Version : RPG Vault Focus: Russia

Nike-it
05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
RPG Vault has published an interview with 1C's International Sales Director Nikolay Baryshnikov. The interview unveils many questions regarding present situation in the Russian gaming industry and the marketing focus of 1C Company. You can read the interview in English here (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/875/875760p1.html).

blacktick
05-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Nice interview and I'm glad there is at least some people that still keeps making rpg's for those who love them(like me).:)

Just as long 1C doesn't emphasize too much on the MMO genre and continues to make SP games that have a great story.:)
As long as you make great games,I keep buying them.:D

Eagerly waiting:

Dungeon cleaners
Not the time for dragons
King's Bounty

among other great titles.:P

Oh and,not to start yet another pc vs console topic,but I just wanted to say keep on supporting the pc.
Then again,money changes everyone...but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
05-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Well i agree that pc are much better than consoles and that we need to support them! Pc needs more exculsive games!!! By the way will Cryostasis and Necrovision be pc exculsive games? Are you planning to release any more pc exculsive games? I dont want to start another pc vs console topic but i must say that i hate consoles!! PC IS THE ULTIMATE MACHINE!! Recently, i saw a console vs pc topic in a greek gaming forum. Most of the peope were saying that pc have better graphics and better pefomance in games than consoles, but there were two members who said that X360 is better than a high-end pc!!!:mad::mad::mad: One of them also said that he has a quad core machine with 2 hd 3850 and that it runs slower than 360!!!! I and all the others members of the forums told him that he is stupid and that he dosent know anything about pc but he didnt give up!!:):) Anyway i want to say keep supporting the pc!!!!

Nike-it
06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Well i agree that pc are much better than consoles and that we need to support them! Pc needs more exculsive games!!! By the way will Cryostasis and Necrovision be pc exculsive games? Are you planning to release any more pc exculsive games? I dont want to start another pc vs console topic but i must say that i hate consoles!! PC IS THE ULTIMATE MACHINE!! Recently, i saw a console vs pc topic in a greek gaming forum. Most of the peope were saying that pc have better graphics and better pefomance in games than consoles, but there were two members who said that X360 is better than a high-end pc!!!:mad::mad::mad: One of them also said that he has a quad core machine with 2 hd 3850 and that it runs slower than 360!!!! I and all the others members of the forums told him that he is stupid and that he dosent know anything about pc but he didnt give up!!:):) Anyway i want to say keep supporting the pc!!!!

Cryostasis and Necrovision will be PC exclusive games.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I am happy for it! But as you know pc needs more exculsive games to beat consoles. Cryostasis and Necrovision will be 2 great games but pc needs much more exculsive games! So will you continue supporting the pc with exculsive games after the release of Cryostasis and Necrovision?

blacktick
06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Like I said before,money changes everyone so I wouldn't count on anything.
Cynical approach i know,but true.

There are other games than those two fps games,lots more,just see the game list in the homepage(russian for more).

but I agree that we need more pc exclusive games and so far I'm happy with the things they are.
Too bad all the good 1C games(and other cool russian games) that i'm looking for are coming in september/october...that's gonna be a busy month.:P

Nike-it
06-03-2008, 01:51 PM
There is nothing to worry about, PC is still the main platform for 1C. Also we are going to publish more games for consoles, but without any discrimination of PC.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
What other pc exculsive games are under development now? Only Cryostasis and Necrovision? When Cryostasis and necrovision will be released? I am happy to hear that 1c will continue to support pc!

Nike-it
06-03-2008, 03:09 PM
What other pc exculsive games are under development now? Only Cryostasis and Necrovision? When Cryostasis and necrovision will be released? I am happy to hear that 1c will continue to support pc!

All announced games you can see on the official web site: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/games
Also you can find games release dates.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello! There is a big problem. Evry time i try to visit 1c website my computer crashes! Why this happens??

Shega
06-04-2008, 09:54 AM
How did you manage to post that message then?

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
i think you dont understand, my pc dosent crash when i enter the 1c forum it crashes evry time i try to visit the 1c website. I think maybe it is a cpu problem i saw the taskmananger and it says that explorer exe uses 50% of the cpu power!! This is realy strange. i have a athlonx2 4400+ Dual Core Processor running at 2,2 ghz ... I dont think that internet explorer needs so much cpu power to runs. And my computer crashes many times when i am on the internet without any reason.. So why explorer uses so much cpu power?

Shega
06-04-2008, 07:08 PM
I beleive that is not the most proper question to be posted here :cool:
But anyway - try some other browser, Opera e.g. It "eats" not that much resources.
And also try to examine the task manager.

Makabi
06-04-2008, 11:30 PM
explorer.exe is Windows Explorer, it's what lets you open up folders on your PC. you'll find Internet Explorer listed as iexplore.exe in the task manager.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I checked the task mananger again, and it says explorer.exe is using 50% of my cpu! Why ? I did a test with Crysis. And i dont believe this... When i opened the task manager it saw crysis using only 40% of the cpu while explore.exe was using 50% ....:( It seems like the cpu dosent work welll... Maybe the 50% of the cpu is dead?? Or another problem???

Nike-it
06-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I checked the task mananger again, and it says explorer.exe is using 50% of my cpu! Why ? I did a test with Crysis. And i dont believe this... When i opened the task manager it saw crysis using only 40% of the cpu while explore.exe was using 50% ....:( It seems like the cpu dosent work welll... Maybe the 50% of the cpu is dead?? Or another problem???

Try to open it on other PC or change the browser. If nothing helps, you'd better change you pc. And all technical problems please write in appropriate thread or to our support: support@1cpublishing.eu

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I asked a friend of mine o check task mananger on his computer. He has a single core cpu athlon 3000+ , and he told me that explore.exe dosent use more than 5%. But in my pc (Amd Athlon X2 4400+ 2GB RAM 8800GT 512MB) explore.exe uses 50% of the cpu all the time. Yesterday i asked a computer technician about it ( he is the same technician that upgraded it my pc some months ago, and he told me that if the cpu was damaged, then computer would not work at all.... He also told me that maybe a format will fix the problem but he was not sure. Anyway explore.exe uses 50 % of the cpu even when i am running microft work or acces!!! What your opinion? Is there any program that can check the cpu to see if it works ok?

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-06-2008, 01:47 PM
:I took this screenhot when i was playing Crysis in very high settings just half an hour ago... As you can see it uses ONLY 50 % OF THE CPU!!!:(

This is serious!!!

Nike-it
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I asked a friend of mine o check task mananger on his computer. He has a single core cpu athlon 3000+ , and he told me that explore.exe dosent use more than 5%. But in my pc (Amd Athlon X2 4400+ 2GB RAM 8800GT 512MB) explore.exe uses 50% of the cpu all the time. Yesterday i asked a computer technician about it ( he is the same technician that upgraded it my pc some months ago, and he told me that if the cpu was damaged, then computer would not work at all.... He also told me that maybe a format will fix the problem but he was not sure. Anyway explore.exe uses 50 % of the cpu even when i am running microft work or acces!!! What your opinion? Is there any program that can check the cpu to see if it works ok?

I think you should restore your system. Really something strange with CPU.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
There is nothing to worry about, PC is still the main platform for 1C. Also we are going to publish more games for consoles, but without any discrimination of PC.

Is it true that pc is the main 1c platform? The only pc exculsive games from 1c are cryostasis and necrovision, am i right? are there any more? It is very bad to read that Captain blood and IL2 will be released to consoles too and not only pc!:(:(

blacktick
06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
"I think we have to face the facts - the value of consoles is such that no-one is going to make a PC-exclusive game in the future. Why would they? Why would they ignore consoles?"

By the mouth of Roy Taylor and it rings the truth.:(

Everyone wants more money,a million selling game is not good enough anymore,although like someone said earlier(can't remember who),you have to pay royalties of a game to the console manufacturer and on the pc side,you don't have that.
So basically you can sometimes make more money with the pc version.

That being said,I truly hope that we will still see great rpg's from 1C that are traditional party based games with npc interaction. and not some crappy hack n slash action games with emphasis on item collection or generic and boring MMO's.
Devs/publishers see the development of rpg's as a hard and complex task,especially now since CASUAL is the new trend word...and I don't like that one bit.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
well i dont think that no one will make exulsve pc games in the future. Years ago when ps1 was released they said that pc gaming will die. They say the same thging, again after the release of ps2, and even after the release of next gen consoles Pc are more powerful than consoles , this means that game developers can create better games on pc tha consoles. Take Crysis for example... Have you see game with such great graphics on consoles???? The answer is no because consoles are not powerful enough to run it. Who is Roy Taylor? Anyway i have some good news for all of us PC gamers here. I did a quick search on the interent to find more exculsive pc games! I found 5 more pc exculsive games that are under development by another russian company buka.This company is continue to support pc, and these 5 games are looking realy good! The titles of the games are, Collapse, dusk12 the swarm, the hunt, sledghammer. I realy hope that 1c will continue to support pc with pc exculsive games!:)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
You can find more information about Collapse, dusk12 the swarm, the hunt, sledghammer. in http://www.buka.com What do you think about these games? I also found 3 other pc exculsive games scorpion, numen, city of the abandoned ships. More information about these 3 games here: http://www.akela.com. So we have 8 pc exculsive games under development now +cryostasis &Necrovision=10 exculsive PC GAMES!!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

As you can see pc gaming is very alive!!

blacktick
06-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Roy Taylor is the VP of Nvidia.

I'm not saying pc gaming will die and I don't want it to die,but what he refers and what most ppl think is that big publishers and devs don't make pc exclusive games anymore and neither 1 console exclusive either,unless they are paid for that by the console manufacturer.
Smaller devs and publishers develop pc exclusive games because they don't have to pay for royalties,not having to buy a devkit and there is not such a "quality" control as in the console sector(among other things of course).

Buka(I loved pathologic and I can't wait for TENSION by the same dev) as well as russobit are more low budget publishers that tend to have some good games. Akella also tends to have some good games like Hard to be a god(faulty,but still good),Evil Days of Luckless John and Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales to name a few.

If you want a list of pc games of 2008,then look no further:
http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2008/

:)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Are buka akella and 1c realy low budget companies?I can see that most of the games today are not pc or console exculsive, most of them are avaliable on all consoles and pc. Anyway back on topic there is something strange about dusk12: In buka website it says that release date of dusk12 is q1 2008. Now q2 2008 is almost over and dusk-12 is not out yet! What happend to this game? I saw it in a computer greek magazine last summer . They said that the release date is q4 2007 .... Is it still in production. I like the collapse game seems very promising. In buka site says that it collapse and the Swarm will be 2 of the best pc games of 2008! Cant wait any more!!:)

blacktick
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Well they used to be low budget anyway,since you know in russia the payrolls are not as high as in the west and in a way that is a good thing.
I wouldn't classify 1C as low budget publisher.

Rls dates are usually not accurate. If it says Q1/Q2 etc it might mean you won't see it until Q3.:D
Tension is dated Q2,but one of the devs said we won't see it in a while and that sucks big time since he said the translation is complete.:(

Also those quarter dates given by buka might also mean the russian release,so you'll have to add many months to that.

We are so off topic here.:P

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 10:39 PM
what kind of game is Tension? FPS? Is it released or no yet? It is not in buka site.

blacktick
06-11-2008, 05:19 AM
what kind of game is Tension? FPS? Is it released or no yet? It is not in buka site.

It's not by buka,but ND games. It's survival adventure but the gameplay is mix of fighting(with drawing certain patterns),exploration,dating etc.
It's hard to describe,you should watch the trailers in order to get some idea.

It's released in russia,but the english version is slated to Q3 or Q4 I think...would make sense to release it after summer.

Nike-it
06-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Guys, I remind you that it is 1C Company official forum, and we are discussing games, made by 1C Company! So let's not go offtopic and discuss 1C games.
Also as I said before, 1C will continue to make PC exclusives, the big reason for this, is that in Russia, PC is stil the main game platform.

Nokturnal
11-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I accept with information:The only pc exculsive games from 1c are cryostasis and necrovision. It is very bad to read that Captain blood and IL2 will be released to consoles too and not only pc.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, 2 games being made for consoles does not mean the end of the world.
There are many, many, more PC exclusive titles than just Cryostasis and Necrovision.

Just to list a few (in no particular order):

Death to Spies (and DtS Moments of Truth)
Men of War (and red tide)
Necrovision (expansion)
Theatre of War
Farwell to Dragons
Planet Alcatraz
Rig n Roll
7.62mm
Dawn of Magic
Elven Legacy (and the two extra expansions announced)
Kings Bounty Armored Princess
Real Warfare 1242
Red Orchestra
Star Wolevs
XIII Century

I could go on...But perhaps you should just look at this link:
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/games

1C have mentioned time and time again that they will continue to focus on the PC, and release PC exclusive titles, and this is clear from their list of upcoming games being primarily for the PC gamers.

As for Captain Blood and IL - 2. Personally i think they made a great decision by bringing the games to the consoles.
While i will admit that the consolised (yep, it's a word..) version of IL-2 takes away various features that made the original great, it's not a loss to me as i simply ignored the console version and continue to play the PC exclusive title instead.
Keep in mind that this move also attracted an entirely new target audience for 1C, the casual WW2 flight "sim" console gamers. Perhaps after realising what a great game it is they may convert to the PC to get the full experience.
Even if it doesn't, it's still putting more money in the pocket of the devs, which should, in turn, give us an even greater game the next time a PC title is released by them.

Captain blood on the other hand, is a simple hack'n'slash, they play well on the console controllers and are some of the first (decent) games to come be put onto consoles. It's just common sense to make it for consoles as they are probably aware of the extra income it would produce.

EDIT - I just realised, IL - 2 and Captain Blood are actualy the only games 1C are releasing for consoles currently.
The company is clearly not focusing on console gaming. ;) We have nothing to worry about (yet anyway..).

persoiranian
11-04-2009, 11:47 AM
yeah.. dont worry guys. we have plenty of pc exclusives here.