PDA

View Full Version : FREIGHT TYCOON INC. patch

tonikuu
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
hi, does anybody know when patch or game update come to freight tycoon? I have windows vista and i can't play before patch or update.

Nike-it
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
hi, does anybody know when patch or game update come to freight tycoon? I have windows vista and i can't play before patch or update.

The developers know about that problem and working on solving it. But it takes much time, because of other important projects. I will post as soon as the patch is ready.

tonikuu
05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
OK, i hope it not take too much time.

MondayxMilk
05-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I hope this upcoming patch is also going to include fixes to enormous bugs, crashes, and errors in the game.

Is it possible for administrators to keep us informed? Like posting new threads regarding when the patch is going to come out and the details about it? Or at least address the problems and errors that are going to be fixed? That would be great.

Thanks

jmbillings
06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Is it just me or anyone else get to about 1974 and then error messages and you can't play past that time period. Love this game but darn if the crashes all the time don't frustrate the heck out of ya.

tonikuu
06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Any tricks or tips how u can make freight tycoon working on vista??? I am very happy every posts. I spent 32€ this game( i'am very angry and i don't spent anymore money on 1c games) and now seen 1c company can't fix it.

Nike-it
06-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Any tricks or tips how u can make freight tycoon working on vista??? I am very happy every posts. I spent 32€ this game( i'am very angry and i don't spent anymore money on 1c games) and now seen 1c company can't fix it.

By now, Vista is not supported, we will release the patch as soon as possible.

tonikuu
07-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Any news on patch??

Nike-it
07-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Any news on patch??

It is still in develipment. Soon it will be ready.

tonikuu
08-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Date when patch comes, is it ready?

petsi
09-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Hello all,

just to let you know, I got freight tycoon working on vista 32bit with 4GB memory and ATI HD 4870 display adapter.

I have Intel E5420 processor which has four cores. I could not get freight tycoon running before I changed processor affinity. Game started loading, but never finished.

I had to change freight tycoon shortcut target from tycoon.exe to

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /affinity 1 tycoon.exe

by doing this, freight tycoon is restricted to using just one processor/core.

Vista + Freight tycoon, no problems anymore! :)

Nike-it
09-12-2008, 11:02 AM
You can download the Vista patch here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Freight_Tycoon/Freight_Tycoon_Vista_Patch.zip) or in the download section of the game on our site: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/freight-tycoon-inc/downloads

Tusc_si
12-13-2008, 12:14 PM
You can download the Vista patch here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Freight_Tycoon/Freight_Tycoon_Vista_Patch.zip) or in the download section of the game on our site: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/freight-tycoon-inc/downloads

This still dones work for me, I just get an error message saying "Freight Tycoon not found".

Can anyone help?

olahaldor
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
And my game only asks for a serial.. which isn't anywhere to be found. :(

dvanhenten
01-01-2009, 05:16 PM
This still dones work for me, I just get an error message saying "Freight Tycoon not found".

Can anyone help?

Any fix for this? I have the same problem

Izu uzI
06-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi all!

For those still unable to patch the game, I just found a work-around, and I'm here to share it with you! :)

Simply download izu-ftivcp.rar (http://dl.free.fr/vyk0oFRF0) ("ftivcp" stands for "Freight Tycoon Inc. Vista Compatibility Patch"), and extract its content on the same place than you put the original non-working patch downloaded here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Freight_Tycoon/Freight_Tycoon_Vista_Patch.zip), then double-click on "Patch.bat". It is basically just a simple "DOS" batch, which will do everything step by step, telling you everything in live. You can edit it if you wanna know more. It will extract the only usefull file from the original patch, search for your installation's folder (note to the game's developpers: this information is available in the registry, lol), rename the original file, and finally replace it by the patched one.

I dunno why 1C didn't let those having troubles with their patch the ability to download that single file (tycoon.dll) which is, once zipped, like 5 times smaller than the patch itself...!

And for those wondering why I made a script instead of just giving you the correct dll... Well, it's only to make you more confident about where the file comes from, and the devs about the fact I didn't modify anything myself. It's their own work, I just patched the patch! :)

That's it, you can finally enjoy what you paid for. ;)

Tarc
07-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Here is the Patch (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/30/572926/Files/Freight%20Tycoon%20Vista%20Patch%20DLL.rar)
that fixes the loading issues.

The official Vista Patch does not work as it does not recognize that the game is installed...
There was a batch file made by someone that extracts the files of the official patch, and apparently only this DLL file is needed.
So this DLL is from the official patch, simply replace the original "Tycoon.dll" in your installation folder with this.

Hope this helps, it's simplest way, and it works. ;)

allen25
08-15-2009, 02:33 AM
I hope this upcoming patch is also going to include fixes to enormous bugs, crashes, and errors in the game. And dont take to much time too.

saffgee
09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Maybe someone can help with this. I asked the initial setup to autodetect my sound card - which it failed to do. Unfortunately I clicked the 'turn setup off' button as well.....does anyone know how I can get a setup box back again ? I tried the setup/uninstall icon in the folder, but all that does is generate an error message. Surely theres a way to force the game into setup again....?