PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to assign an AI to yellow for planetary battles?.

cairn
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I was watching the title screen of the game, and I'm sure most of you know that if you leave it long enough, it'll cut into a planetary battle scene. I find them somewhat entertaining to watch. As I was watching one, I noticed something, the yellows look like they're being controlled by an AI, not a human being. I mean they act just like the others, the red, green, and blue, which dawned upon me an idea.

Is it possible to make yellow be controlled by an AI for the planetary battles? If so, is it something that can be done easily? I mean if the game designers put it in one of the game system files as an easily editable text, like the cfg.txt file is, to switch yellow to one of the three AI's, that would be so cool.

I mean I have long wanted to see in some of those planetary battles how an AI would handle the situation as a yellow if all other variables were the same. I mean it's obvious, regarding the AI, that the reds are the strongest robots, the greens are the weakest, and the blue is somewhere in between. However, the yellow, which is the player-controlled, is, by far, the weakest of all the robots, and we definitely produce less resources with the same structures, most of the time. I mean, I can't, no matter how hard I try, continuously pump out even small robots with only a metal-resource point other than my main base. However, the reds, greens, and blues all manage to do this in their last ditch efforts not to die. Only the reds actually pump out the occasional 2 or 3 quad-level robots at that point. Never underestimate the red. The reds even will, if you don't stop them, manage to regain their resource structures back again from the green or blues you helped to fight the reds back.

Anyhow, I digress to my original question. Is there a way? If not through and easily edited text, maybe through a mod of some sort? The designers seemed to switch the yellows to AI for the cut scenes on the title screen. Perhaps they left that switch intact. If you have Reboot, all the planetary battles and text quests are right there listed on the title screen so that you can play any one of them you want. I would love to use that to watch certain planetary battles from the perspective of a onlooker to see what the yellows do as an AI with the player's given deficiencies.

omegaweapon
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
the AI have alot of early resources i am not sure how much but its HUGE if u blockade AI in the beginning and take every resource u see that after awhile his resource will finish

sadly if u let AI play any of reboot maps he will die in the first try well in reboot maps not even AI cheats but it also have very better position so AI yellow cant handle anything, u will be disappointing ;)

i dont think red, blue, green have any advantage in RTS its just that red almost always have better position and more initial resources

sadly ai in rts mission in this game is somehow too stupid :S

nklh4x0r
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Just enter AUTO while playing a ground battle.But don't try to interfere or else it will crash.
After you laid off a bit you can enter auto again and do it manualy like always.