PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 Cliffs of Dover Website has not been updated

Liablepilot
07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Hello All! Liable here! Let me just say before I begin that I dearly love the IL-2 series and wish for it to strive! Well moving on there has been a rather odd thing about the IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Official Website. The website has not been updated in over a year!:( It feels as if the developers have left us. There has been no new news of the game and not even a patch in awhile. I know when the game came out it was spotty and if the official website is not the place to go, please direct me to the appropriate area!

Much thanks,
-Liable:cool:

Wiesel
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
+1

(Check out the page about the planes from the game - :grin:)

Liablepilot
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
It says coming soon on the website

Treetop64
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Ubisoft should have never gotten their claws on the publishing rights of CoD. Their vehement handling of the game ruined it.

I hope CoD isn't fading away. I would feel really bad for Ilya and the rest of the crew. They worked so hard and so long on the product. Before its release we received regular updates and though progress was moving along relatively slowly, there was still appreciable progress. Things were slowly-but-surely shaping up to be a real classic.

Then Ubisoft got involved.

Things have gone downhill ever since. :cry:

Aviar
07-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Cliffs of Dover should never have been released. It was, and still is, a slap in the face to the IL-2 community.

The last sentence may seem a little overly dramatic, considering we are talking about a 'game'. However, after spending the last 10 years as a contributing member of the community and enjoying thousands of hours of IL-2, I feel like we have the right to feel slighted.

Heck, even a person who never owned an IL-2 game but shelled out their own money to purchase Cliffs of Dover has every right to feel they were deceived.

No game is 'perfect' at it's initial release. As gamers, we all know this. It almost seems a crime that a game as 'broken' (and more importantly, still is) as Cliffs of Dover was touted as a 'successor' to the original IL-2.

Aviar

Wiesel
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
It says coming soon on the website

Yes! Since 1940 :grin:

Liablepilot
07-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I know right! Its insane! Well at least there is supposedly a new patch coming out soon!:)

Liablepilot
07-28-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDc8FUeaGHw Heres a video that might shorten the wait:)