PDA

View Full Version : UDP Speed on same pc

thetonester
06-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi all..i use to run udp speed on a seperate laptop...these days i dont have that option anymore so i set up UDP to work on same pc...the instruments show up on my 2nd monitor but whenever i activate IL2 the instrument panel goes black...ive tried starting IL2 first and then udp, and the other way around but no matter what i dothe instrument panel goes black and i cant see anything but a black screen

Any ideas guys?...i dont even know if they are talking to each other coz the screen is always black when IL2 is running...i know it can be done...just not sure why its not working...
Is it a win7 64 bit thing?..both exes are setup to run as administrator...oh btw my pc is an absolute rip snorter so itisnt a problem with that...itwill run just about anything on very high details...including IL2COD

Also can i get Sans FOV to run as well as UDP all on the same PC at the same time

bolox
06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
what ip address are you using? 127.0.0.1? should work on same pc and as long as ip is set same for san's fov this SHOULD work at the same time

always used 2 pc's myself so can't test myself.
might want to look at posts by albertafox here
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/509085-The-Device-Link-tips-and-questions-thread/page28
re running on same machine as there did seem to be a problem with one machine running 3d and 2d applications at same time but this was a while ago

good luck

ps why is this in mods section? devicelink is a totally legitimate part of IL2 code and not a mod or 'hack'

thetonester
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks for your help mate...i gave up...occasionally it would show up but needles wouldnt move...as soon as i ran IL2in windowed mode...the needles would work...i think in full screen it wont allow the other monitor to update...i ended up digging out an old laptop and running it that way...and sans DID work at the same time...running seperate gauges is just great, particularly when your eyes arent very good anymore...haha...its a shame it cant be done with Cliffs of Dover
Thanks again mate for trying to help me