PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions! 1.Am i able to walk instead of joggin..

dewan
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
tried and google these questions and searched the forums for answer without any progress.

1. Am i able to "Walk" instead of running through a jungle full of boobytraps? XD i mean, if i don't want too advance forward on a road i might can take a slower approach through the jungle while panning the camera everywhere try spotting boobytraps infront of my soldiers :p + the feeling of scouring the jungle after VC's! cuz i've seen the AI can walk/patrol, am i able 2 walk aswell if so, how?!!!

2. am i able to have all the firemodes on different keys instead of all on 1 key and cycling through 3 different firemodes? it's quite a pain in the ass when u have setup an ambush and try to cycle through the correct firemode and suddenly ur guys openfire at em at wrong time!
i want too be able too have 1 key for "fire at will", another key for "Return fire" and another for "Hold fire".

is it possible? =)

KnightFandragon
06-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Can you walk? As in Direct Control and make your men walk?

I am pretty sure that answer is NO! The default is that sort of jog they have..the only way to scan is really crawling while in Direct control and move very slowly panning your soldier back n forth in DC.....I think that default mode in DC is walking though..it does look like a jog doesnt it? running is only achieved outside of Direct control with a double mouse click on a spot....

As for the 3 firemode buttons..I seriously dont know...but I dont think so as they are all linked to the same button...Just gotta pay attention to those different fire modes...Ive opened fire countless times whe nI didnt want to as well haha.

Guess its just these questions here are just 2 of many things that, if fixed, would make Men of War even more epic then it is...thorough all its quirks, Men of war I maintain is prolly my favorite RTS to date.

benson
08-10-2012, 04:47 PM
On the DMS Website for Men of War there are at least two mods which enable the infantry to walk. I have installed one of them and it does work in MoW Vietnam.