PDA

View Full Version : PBEM - Fantasy Wars

Gryffone
05-09-2008, 04:59 AM
I would like to see an option for PBEM (Play by E-Mail). I know that because of PBEM I am still actively playing AowSM and Warlords DLR by PBEM. I realize from a developer stand point that PBEM does not necessarily yield a large audience however the PBEM fan is a long term fan and one who is dedicated to the Turn Based Genre. If only SSI would have had PBEM resources available to them we could still be playing the old classics. :-P

I think Fantasy Wars is a game prime for PBEM as the missions are not that long turn wise compared to say AowSM games that several I have played well over 100 turns with. It would be nice with a PBEM version to be able to watch the opponents turn unfold just as if you were watching it played out by your opponent. Of course it could be stream lined since you would not need to have the pauses while the opponent plots out his moves.

PBEM allows for the games longevity to last longer and many maps for games are designed by PBEM players. This just adds more resources for a game which adds to the overall community. I am more prone to try and get a PBEM game going than multiplayer as a mp game is harder to synchronize because of time restraints and TBS games are ideal for PBEM.

Alex Mars
05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, this is probably the most important option currently not available in the game. Please give us PBEM play!

blacksauron
07-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Agree completely, PBem support is so often lacking from turn based games, when it would help cement many long term fan bases. Definitely a feature to consider adding.

MadMac321
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I would like to see a PBEM options as well. I too think it would add to the life of the game.

Playing a turn based game head to head online is not much fun while you are waiting for the other player to end their turn.