PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Saints Map Tour (movie)

Lazarus
05-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm new to movies, so...I have a few questions for the experienced producers...and, I know this isn't said very often in this forum, but, "I would appreciate your opinions and/or constructive criticism"

1. I have seen fly-by's that shake the camera. Is this an effect or is it manual?
2. I have seen blurring effects on weapon discharge and fly-by's, BUT not during the entire frame, how is this done?
3. How do you get rid of the awful green or blue pin at the upper right of the IL2 screen?
4. I'm using Windows movie maker. Is there anything else, that's cost effective, that is better?

Thank you, ahead of time!
[RS]Lazarus

The following is a short tour of some of the maps we offer on our Hyperlobby server.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokWrD0Tvag

bigbossmalone
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Lazarus, you've pretty much asked most of the questions I wanted to ask, so I'm standing by with you for any answers....

EAF602_Joe90
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Lazarus and bigbossmalone.

There are loads of good tips and detailed technical discussion at the Ubi Movie makers fourm (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=65710358) (and the signal to noise ratio is very good too)

You can search for most of these questions over there and you will find answers...or just ask again and some of the guys are bound to give a good answer eventually.

Briefly though:

1. Manual.
2. Usually with After Effects or other Effects in Sony Vegas, and using keyframes to isolate the moment.
3. Crop the frapped video with VirtualDub and edit at 16:9 ratio.
4. Not that I have experience with. There are some programs but once you get serious your creativity will be limited by any cost effective non linear editing programme and it is worth it in the long run to get Sony Vegas.

I don't visit this forum very often, so if you want better answers from me or the other filmmakers, please pop over to the Ubi MM forum where the old hands and some new guys all lurk about ;)

Codex
05-09-2008, 01:08 PM
That is THE BEST version of "Hush" I've ever heard, that can't be Deep Purple them selves right? When was that recorded?

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Well, I'd like to be able to fly on rogue saint server but they have CRT=2 and I have Vista, so I'm out with the bathwater.....

Lazarus
05-10-2008, 04:01 AM
That is THE BEST version of "Hush" I've ever heard, that can't be Deep Purple them selves right? When was that recorded?

It is Deep Purple! It's off their 1988 live album Nobody's Perfect.

Lazarus
05-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Well, I'd like to be able to fly on rogue saint server but they have CRT=2 and I have Vista, so I'm out with the bathwater.....

I was unaware that CRT 2 blocked Vista users.

Foo'bar
05-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Tell me what you want, ww2 planes and newer music doesn't fit together - even if it's Deep Purple.

Lazarus
05-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Any of you had sync problems after uploading to youtube?......Like your video being perfectly sync'd with the music until you upload it to YT and the vide is quarter second ahead of the music. Whats up with that?