PDA

View Full Version : My virtual wishlist.

E'dollo
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I know with Condemned Heroes out 1C will move on and leave this game just as it was... Half finished. That doesn't mean a man can't wish right?

1. Planes should be able to drop ordnance. Bombs, napalm, flares, the works..

2. The UH-1's should be able to fire those little miniguns you guys spent time putting on the sides, along with ten thousand rounds that are useless.

3. All U.S. Helo's should have door mounted M60's. That's how its supposed to be.

4. Different calibre howitzers. 105's, as well as the normal 155's. Mortars should also have a range increase, with the ability to drop smoke, High Explosive, and Lumination rounds.

5. Take out the Chaffee, bring in the Bulldog, Ontos, and the quad .50 cal trucks.

6.The little thing that bugs me is how only m14 units, and all black units wear helmets. Practically everyone wore helmets unless they were in the Special Forces and/or chose not to.

There goes my rant.

Grunt kid
05-28-2012, 10:46 AM
This game is dying and we should add ideas to update it.
One thing I don't really like is the fact that there are too much WWII staff instead of more modern warfare or new types of buildings. Of course, during the war both sides used WWII guns/weapons and vehicles but I miss some vehicles like Gmc truck/fuel and Dodgewc55 with canvas.
I've figured out that artillery as well as air support aren't quite severe or heavy (just only one or two rounds no more) because one of the best things, apart from air cavalry, that the Us Army had during the war were either. That's why the Vietcong used close and quick ambushes and traps as a way to avoid the severe consequences of artillery and air support.
Another thing is the helicopter's oil length is too short.

Aardman55
05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I specially agree at 1 and 6, though i fixed 6 in the editor, it takes a little time cause i also added realistic equipment but here it goes:
1, Spawn all units that wear boonies.
2, Click one of them.
3, Now when there are options for/about the units, like where you chose which player controls what. Go very down and find a small tab called "Breed", its right above "Skin".
Click on the [...] button next to it and now you're in a window with the title "Breed Editor".
4, Go down to hat and now click on the following (last time i did this was yesterday so i wont remember all that clearly or that good and some might be wrong).
Helmet1_US = M1 helmet with no extras and accessoirs.
Helmet2_US = M1 helmet with the legendary 'Nam mitchell camo.
Helmet3_US = M1 helmet with Mitchell Camo and a '65 insect repeller and a 5 bullet clip on the sites.
Helmet4_US = M1 helmet with Mitchell camo and a package of Malboro Cigs.
Helmet5_US = M1 helmet with Mitchell camo and a Poker Ace of Spades card (my personal favourite :3)
Helmet6_US = M1 helmet with Mitchell camo and a Sniper-Leaf-Camo
Helmet7 and Helmet8_US = Pilot helmets.
What i did was place every helmet in the Inventory tab on the ground next to my soldiers i edited and then click on them each time i was about to edit so i knew what helmet was what.
About the jet i got no help sadly, i tried putting every bomb available in the inventory and the F4 only shot with its guns. I guess the campaign bombings use special triggers when the F4 flys over the trigger it creats a Napalm explosion or 6 or 12 or 24 or 48 or 96 or so.
Glad to help if i helped at all :)

E'dollo
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
What'd you mean the F4 shot with its guns, did you add something?

Aardman55
05-28-2012, 06:43 PM
No, its build in in the F4 (as i know).

E'dollo
05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Not for me its not :(

Grunt kid
05-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Another thing that it should be improved is heavy artillery range. It doesn't cover properly the distance between the fire base and the target. In other words, I think the range is too short. In the game the NVA don't have artillery guns and they had heavy artillery guns or rocket launchers, meanly from russian/chinese origin.
Is there anyway to change and length it?

E'dollo
05-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I don't think so, to answer the length question. But yes I agree, the NVA need to have artillery, as well as 105mm howitzers to the Usa/Arvn forces. I agree. Oftentimes I create sieges sense sending out patrol's rely on artillery support, that a Fire Support Base can't give due to short ranged artillery. I find myself relying to heavily on inaccurate and un-reliable huey gunships. They only have two effective strafing runs to begin with, and then factor in AAa, rpgs, small arms, and how massively in-effective the rocket pods are. I really wish they made them in the way of you could fire the rocks one at a time, and also use the f*ing mini guns that 1C wasted time to put on.. I mean jesus..

Aardman55
05-29-2012, 01:47 AM
hmm, maybe you got a wrong editor or so cause for me its build in already that the Huey shoots from his miniguns.
Did you download a gem editor of MOW or is it the Patch 2 editor?

Aardman55
05-29-2012, 01:48 AM
OH and you could try tweaking some scripts of the game, there is a mod which adds more accuary and range to weapons but i forgot the name. Search it on google or youtube and tell me the results. Ill try to get a way to fix that short arty that bugs me too and ill try to upload it for you if its not against the rules.

Grunt kid
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
What this game really needs is new types of buildings for the map editor. it is really impossible to adapt a believable urban map with the same "old" buildings.
In this case, for Men of War Vietnam, there were combat urban fights, less than in the jungle but very remarkable as Hue (Tet offensive) and Saigon. In other words, specific buildings to recreate Vietnamese cities or small towns with items properly accurate or buildings to use them.
I have noticed that many buildings in the map editor, in all Men of War games, are available to recreate urban maps although they can be used in the game as a shelter. it doesn't appear the arrow as a signal that you can use it (not destroyed buildings items)
If it is possible, I'd like to know if there is any programme to design buildings to Men of War.