PDA

View Full Version : How to export my GEM map to multiplayer maps

patex324
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi.I want to export GEM map to multiplayer maps.Can someone help me what to do??

KnightFandragon
05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
You made your map for your mod and now want to put it in so you can play it?

You first have to go into your men of war folder then go to

Resource/map/multi/<yourmap>

and move your map's entire folder into:

mods/<yourmod>/resource/map/multi/<you put the map folder here>

If you want it to look official in game then you also go into

mods<yourmod>/localization/maps/mission

then down at the bottom you copy the format used in that mission file and insert your map's folder name at the top, then what you want it to be called in the game map menu.

sgz
10-07-2012, 06:21 AM
How about putting a mission from GEM editor into single player Skirmish ? Can anyone offer some clear steps to make this work ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

KnightFandragon
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
How about putting a mission from GEM editor into single player Skirmish ? Can anyone offer some clear steps to make this work ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

FOllow pretty much my post above except you go into the single folder instead of multi. Also, you dont need to go into mission.lng file, that only seems to be for MP maps.

THen in the localization folder you make a text file that holds the mission's text such as mission objectives, phrases from troops on the field and even the name of the mission in the mission list in game.

GO into the base game's resource/localization/map/single/1 and open one of the files there to get an idea of what to do.

ALso, in the gem editor you have to go into F3 mode and save your mission as 0.mi.

Once you get all the localization files figured out, the mission folders were they need to be, all the objectives and autoassigning and what not figured out, then it should appear in game.