PDA

View Full Version : Il 2 Sturmovik 1946 UP3 + RC4 graphics problem HD4850

col_Kurtz
05-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi, I'm new here, also please understand, if I wrote something wrong.
The matter which is tormenting me at Il 2 Sturmovik 1946 - a slightly wavy image on the main menu. I tried different things, edited conf.ini in the main game folder, I tried to reinstall the drivers for my card, I tried to change the DirectX and OpenGL. Nothing remains the same. The game is good, but the graphics do not look like I would look like with this card.
Here are my hardware specifications:
Ram 2GB
Asus 4850 512MB
E-2160 oc: 2.79GHz
I tried the other advice from similar problems atioglxx.dll paste the file - a sudden drop to 3-4 FPS max.
Do you have any advice? Driver 8.95-120214a from CCC Information.

Whacker
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Do you have a CRT or LCD monitor? Do you have vsync enabled or forced through CCC? If not try turning it on. I have never had the atiglxx.dll replacer work for me at all.

Edit - When you say "wavy image", does that mean the entire screen looks like that, or is it like there is a horizontal tear somewhere in the screen?

col_Kurtz
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Do you have a CRT or LCD monitor? Do you have vsync enabled or forced through CCC? If not try turning it on. I have never had the atiglxx.dll replacer work for me at all.

Edit - When you say "wavy image", does that mean the entire screen looks like that, or is it like there is a horizontal tear somewhere in the screen?

This is LCD - iiyama 1900S - 19".

Just tried to force vsync in CCC - the same.
These "waves" going from top of the screen to the bottom. Unvisible on screenshots. In game looks ok, but... this is not good I think.

Whacker
05-15-2012, 12:03 AM
This is LCD - iiyama 1900S - 19".

Just tried to force vsync in CCC - the same.
These "waves" going from top of the screen to the bottom. Unvisible on screenshots. In game looks ok, but... this is not good I think.

Do you have it hooked up with a DVI cable or VGA cable? Is it hooked into a DVI/HDMI/Displayport or VGA port on the back of your computer? Are you using a DVI to VGA converter at all?

col_Kurtz
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you have it hooked up with a DVI cable or VGA cable? Is it hooked into a DVI/HDMI/Displayport or VGA port on the back of your computer? Are you using a DVI to VGA converter at all?

I'm using the convertor.

Whacker
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
That's most likely your problem right there, wavy lines on an LCD can very often be caused by using analog inputs at some point. Try using a pure DVI-DVI cable from the back of your PC to your LCD, and see if that fixes things.

col_Kurtz
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
That's most likely your problem right there, wavy lines on an LCD can very often be caused by using analog inputs at some point. Try using a pure DVI-DVI cable from the back of your PC to your LCD, and see if that fixes things.
I don`t have this cable right now. I will probably have to buy it. And if it does not improve quality? So a bit risky ;)
Anyway thank you :)

Whacker
05-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I don`t have this cable right now. I will probably have to buy it. And if it does not improve quality? So a bit risky ;)
Anyway thank you :)

In my opinion that's a big yes. Digital signals don't suffer from the same kinds of problems due to interference, the picture quality is much better and absolutely stable. Once you make the switch, you will never go back.

If you are in the US or even North America, you can get very cheap DVI cables through Amazon. I have a local PC shop where I got my 5 meter cables for about $15 each. Don't believe the retail shops that try to sell way overpriced $60 cables that are only 9 feet long.

col_Kurtz
05-16-2012, 09:54 PM
In my opinion that's a big yes. Digital signals don't suffer from the same kinds of problems due to interference, the picture quality is much better and absolutely stable. Once you make the switch, you will never go back.

If you are in the US or even North America, you can get very cheap DVI cables through Amazon. I have a local PC shop where I got my 5 meter cables for about $15 each. Don't believe the retail shops that try to sell way overpriced $60 cables that are only 9 feet long.

Unfortunately - Poland ;) And I supposed this is much better for graphic performance :)