PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Better Difficulty Slider

braven25
05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
First off...
Difficult slider in SR2 is bit off, increasing dominator strength 1 step and reducing anyting else 1 step leads to a much harder game even tho the % slider is still 100% difficulty.

I feel upping the dom strength should have more impact.

Secondly...
The difference in difficultly seems extream, default dom setting is way to easy yet next step up seem to end up being overrun, and unless you manage to get good start the colition will be wiped out before your strong enough to defend them.

Suggestion...
3 Seperate Difficulty Slider for each Dominator race.
1 Slider for Collition Strength

Reasons...
1: This will make dom strength have 3x the impact on the difficulty slider.
2: Allows for more fine tuning the difficulty

eg 1: You could make Blazer and Terron harder difficulty, but make Kellar easier... overall the game will be harder but you only have 2 factions hammering away at collition rather than 3.

eg 2: If you want hard game but want collition to least hold onto the territory its won for more than 5 mins then you can ramp up all 3x Dom + Collition to Hardboiled this way dominators will be rock hard to fight but collition can just about hold there ground, ofc this also mean pirates should be afraid too.

eg 3: if you want a fairly normal difficulty game, but want to be more important part of the dominator fight, then you can leave Dom strength as normal and just make Collition weaker, so Dom are still manageable early on but need to pay more attention to there attacks, ofc pirates have easier time.

modo
05-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Definitly second all of braven's susggestions, good points

modo
05-08-2012, 05:05 AM
also, my persoanal favourite....a way to reliably find the remaining missions late game without running around asking everyone everytime if they have a mission
something like a galactic bulletin board, maybe a new section in the already awesome search function

omegaweapon
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
well i like this difficulty slider too also keller is already very weak

modo the problem is not many people are into quest stuff :P but people most trade and most use weapon, hull etc. but most people just ignore quest also i love quest like u seem to love it ;), space rangers 2 is 4 game in one and forgoing about some aspect of game i like a waste so i do every thing :D