PDA

View Full Version : CRT=1 or 2 guidance requested

Whacker
05-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll prefix this by stating I am NOT looking to cheat or any retardedness along those lines.

I primarily play offline (DBW and some stock 4.11.1), but am thinking about playing online a bit. The main gist of what I'm looking for guidance on is, how much can I modify the game's interface and still be able to play on CRT=2 servers?

For example, I'd like to be able to use the latest SAS Modact with just the two FOV mods and maybe some textures, and play on stock 4.10.1 or HSFX 5.01 servers. I don't want to modify any of the game mechanics, like flight models, damage, or anything along those lines. I just want it to be a bit easier to interact with. I'm aware of and have used San's FOV changer, but I prefer the two FOV mods much more.

So, in general, what do I need to avoid doing to not have any CRT=2 errors, or things viewed as "cheating"?

fruitbat
05-06-2012, 02:30 PM
CRT=2 you can't have anything other than pure stock, so no Fov mods.....

Whacker
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Well crap, I was of the impression that CRT=2 did a comprehensive check of the things that mattered only, like the flight/damage files, etc.

JtD
05-07-2012, 04:50 AM
CRT=1 checks less than CRT=2, so there you stand better chances. Not sure how your fov changers were done, maybe you can sneak them in. Eventually, you'll have to try that out.

fruitbat
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
With CRT=1 you'll be able to use FoV mods.

Whacker
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM
San's FOV changer is great... but it flakes out on me way too much, and almost always right as I'm lining up a shot and a second away from shooting. The two FOV mods work perfectly, hence why I've been lobbying heavily for Team D to incorporate that functionality. It's honestly the only real thing that's keeping me from playing online, because without it, the game's unplayable on my system.

fruitbat
05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
San's FOV changer is great... but it flakes out on me way too much, and almost always right as I'm lining up a shot and a second away from shooting. The two FOV mods work perfectly, hence why I've been lobbying heavily for Team D to incorporate that functionality. It's honestly the only real thing that's keeping me from playing online, because without it, the game's unplayable on my system.

To say its the only thing keeping you from playing online is a poor excuse really.

1) you can use sans with crt=2, so there's your stock 4.11 servers with crt=2

2) most up3 or hsfx servers are crt=1 iirc, so you can use your fov mods.

I fly online all the time, and although in a squad environment, i fly SEOWs as well, and use the fov mods pretty much all the time.

That said, i am at a loss as to why it still isn't in the stock game, its the most needed number one fix imo.

Whacker
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
To say its the only thing keeping you from playing online is a poor excuse really.

1) you can use sans with crt=2, so there's your stock 4.11 servers with crt=2

2) most up3 or hsfx servers are crt=1 iirc, so you can use your fov mods.

I fly online all the time, and although in a squad environment, i fly SEOWs as well, and use the fov mods pretty much all the time.

That said, i am at a loss as to why it still isn't in the stock game, its the most needed number one fix imo.

Perhaps it is a bit of a lame excuse. I wasn't aware that most HSFX and UP3 servers ran CRT=1, I know next to nothing about the online community. Still, I abhor cheating, if CRT=2 is more restrictive and comprehensive defense against this then I'm all for it.

fruitbat
05-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Perhaps it is a bit of a lame excuse. I wasn't aware that most HSFX and UP3 servers ran CRT=1, I know next to nothing about the online community. Still, I abhor cheating, if CRT=2 is more restrictive and comprehensive defense against this then I'm all for it.

I'm sure it does go on in a very tiny amount, but i've never seen it, that said, i don't fly on public servers much these days, mainly squad stuff and SEOW.