PDA

View Full Version : More Modern MOW

RazorWolf89
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
i would have to say a more modern version of the MOW series would be great, i know we did tempt with Vietnam. but honestly we all have to admit, it didn't go so well. but if we were to jump to more of like desert storm.. or something probably less modern then that or close to it, giving us the same feel we all love of the MOW series. MOW all together is great yes, but lets open our time periods of history.

kane1
04-18-2012, 01:35 AM
i would have to say a more modern version of the MOW series would be great, i know we did tempt with Vietnam. but honestly we all have to admit, it didn't go so well. but if we were to jump to more of like desert storm.. or something probably less modern then that or close to it, giving us the same feel we all love of the MOW series. MOW all together is great yes, but lets open our time periods of history.

There are mods that address that issue. Check out Digitalmindsoft forums.

Trotskygrad
04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
the engine doesn't support guided missiles afaik, so it wouldn't be as good as it could be.

I'd hold off until MoW2 introduces support for those.

KnightFandragon
04-19-2012, 02:53 AM
We have the GEM editor....make a cool ass Modern mod lol....Vietnam, I havent played it but I know I will eventually own it and the M48 and the GEM editor for it muwhaha.

THere is Price of Terrorism mod, that is a modern one that has 2 different tanks in ti and afew other things. It is a good basis for a modern MoW mod, it could use more stuff like M60 Pattons, MLRS, and various other Modern things....we dont really need a guided Rocket...

Captn
05-19-2012, 07:39 AM
It is a good basis for a modern MoW mod, it could use more stuff like M60 Pattons, MLRS, and various other Modern things....we dont really need a guided Rocket...

All we need are drones for a modern war game. Each player starts the game with a drone and... Enjoy. :cool:

KnightFandragon
05-19-2012, 08:10 AM
No, we just need ground forces, Tanks, Arty, Infantry and their weapons....IEDs maybe for a Guerrilla force and what not..lets leave the Drones and guided missiles for CoD and BF3...lets keep MoW a Tactical based game, not a battle of the easy buttons...