PDA

View Full Version : Selecting multiple units

gqchatarn
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Are there any mods that make this possible?
Or any way to make it yourself?

Cause the max now is selecting 8 units, and i can't see why you shouldn't be able to select more!

KnightFandragon
05-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Well the thing about selecting MORe men, is this: If you play the game tactically and do not use the mindless bum rush, you end up selecting LESS men so as to be able to properly use small unit tactics and direct control a smaller force to accomplish more then a large mob ever could. I usually control 2-4 men, direct control the Squad leader and crawl around, and sometimes even use just a single soldier with the other 3 sitting back providing cover fire as I wreck untold havoc....of course this is all in singleplayer, but even in Multiplayer one lone scout with a stick of dynamite has claimed more of my King Tigers then a swarm of 20 men ever has. A Swarm of more then 8 men is by all rights a Red Army human wave, simply to be mowed down by the hordes. Time and again moving with large groups gets to unweidly and moving them ends up being more trouble and you end up spending more time keeping track of your troops then you do fighting the battle.

KeiranWehr
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes, it maz be annoying having to work with 1 to 8 men per group.

But as KnightFandragon says, it would be a mess and you would possibly be easy target, one shell into the cluster and there goes 3/4 of your army.

I might be the only person stupid enough, but I work in 3 to 4 man squads. It really just because if I come across a vacant tank I have the correct amount of soldiers to crew it.

KnightFandragon
06-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah Keiran, im a fool who uses 1 or 2 men, sometimes 3 or 4 in Direct Control and marauds around...sadly, im pretty bad with infantry...I get them whipped pretty quick....I am about as good as im going to get with infantry...I try use bushes and rocks for cover, knowing enemy view angles is useful as infantry can only see what is in their Cone of vision...lol. Infantry is kinda a tricky thing ot use well in MoW...lots of Microing haha..

KeiranWehr
06-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Are there any mods that make this possible?
Or any way to make it yourself?

Cause the max now is selecting 8 units, and i can't see why you shouldn't be able to select more!
gqchatarn, it probably is possible. Somewhere in the files of the game it will say something like {groupmax=8}.