PDA

View Full Version : Condemned Heroes - 1C2M Flanking Blow

Anon052
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
How do you guys take the guns/the village/destroy the train?

I'm stuck there. I sneak up on the guns from behind and clear them but I take most of the time heavy losses when the counterattack with sdkfz comes. After that i have no idea how to take the village. The russion offensive dies too fast, the tanks survive not long against the masses of Panzer III. So at the end I have to take the village with 6 or 7 men. I have no idea how to do that.

firewings
04-14-2012, 10:41 PM
hi;

me too i have this problem ; it seem that is a bug on Russian offensive , i restarted this mission more times without success

zombiesfeelpain
04-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Same im really stuck even on easy mode

I wish this game had co op campain

angleangle69
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it's way too hard for my puny mental capacity.

There needs to be a way to call in reinforcements, because the ones I got after destroying the train ran into the trench still full of Germans before they came under my command. After that, my men would all be slaughtered save for one stuck at the back of the village, left to pick off lonesome riflemen before being picked off himself.

If anyone can give me any suggestions, such as how to destroy the machine guns in the first trench without losing all my guys, then that would be great.

Thanks

U997
04-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Take with 4 men 2 Machinegun-placements, and take 2 men and grab the Mortar,(all from the level before this 1) fill them all up with ammo, as much you can find.Then when the level ends, you begin the train-level, with those things, it is stil hard, but now when you go around, you can clear the trench, before the new soldiers come.I am still in this level, I can clear all the Krauts, but I think I cant destroy the train, not enough time.:)

U997
04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Then I took the 3 Big Guns, and went down the hill (with 1 Machinegun-placement, as back up) to the railroadtrack, then I moved 1 gun as far I could, to reach and to destroy the Locomotive. Then I moved the 2 Guns, around the first 1, and the Machinegun in front, to hold off infantry. Later I repaired a Russian tank, a repairkit did I found in a halftrack. And off to the next level:grin:

angleangle69
04-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Ok guys, I figured it out (the whole 2nd bit btw).

First, use pause break and make 1 guy 'nade one MG post in the artillery trench from the bushes, make another guy do the same to the other MG post from the bushes. Make sure that before this is done, you've moved the rest of your force around to behind the artillery guns. Next up, get them to 'nade or shoot the crews of the howitzers. Press pause break again. Orders should be carried out simultaneously. Clear out the rest of the trench.

Phase one complete. Now, get your guys into the trench or the bushes and let the Russian tanks take out the armoured cars. Get one lucky guy with an AT grenade and send him up onto the railway tracks (prone of course). Send him across to the locomotive, taking the longer way if need be to avoid the Germans. Send the man along the right hand side of the train (towards the Russian offensive). Get him to AT grenade the tank wagons (don't worry about getting the locomotive itself; it drives off without the tanks attached. NOTE: It will say that you've failed to stop the train in 15 minutes time. Ignore that. I finished the mission.) If your man survives the explosion, get him to go on a full-on charge; mine died so I never got to do that.

Next, wait until the main battle has died down (hopefully the Russian tanks will have damaged the tanks near the trench. Get two men on to the howitzer furthest on the right. Get one man onto each MG to provide support. Use the howitzer to eliminate any hostile forces that you think are too close to your men.

NOTE: You may or may not have received reinforcements. If you have then even better. Now find a tank nearby that's not utterly destroyed (use the repair command and hover over each tank, Russian or German. If it's beyond hope, there will be no spanner animation. If you can fix it, there will be). You may have to search some of the German tanks for repair kits (none of the Russian ones had any for me.) Repair as many tanks as possible that you can crew (4 or 5 men each). I had 1 German and 1 Russian tank.

By this point, you should have at least 2 men on 2 MGs, 2 tanks with 4-5 men each and your howitzer. Don't forget to take all the shells from the other 2 howitzers because you will probably run out a few times. Eliminate all groups of infantry, tanks or emplaced weapons within the howitzer's range. Now, move your tanks up to a suitable area to continue the shelling. Then, move your MGs up to your new position (remember that 2 men are needed to move an MG; get both MG men to move one at a time). Now move your howitzer; nestle it safely in a good position with all other units surrounding it.

Continue the shelling and repeat until only small (1-3) pockets of infantry are left. Now move your tanks up to eliminate each pocket, preferably from a distance.

That should do the trick!

(Notify me if I have left out important details)

Mihao
05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I destroyed the train with 1 (one) man. After taking 3 artillery guns I took 1 soldier and walk right near the borders of the map, avoiding any shooting to the enemy. Than I destroyed the tank near the train with one granade, and than the tank with my second granade. Right after I got the message that I completed this part of the mission, and game autosaved. So I continued with the game, which was very easy, cause AI is extremly stupid in MoW: CH (I played on Normal, which means usually Difficult, but here rather Very Easy). And now the funny thing: After all that, maybe after 5 mins of playing I got the comunicate that I failed to destroy the train (Bug!). The game is unplayable. I stopped to play after the mission when enemy soldiers are undestructible: shooting to them with my soldiers, throwing grenades, shooting with my tank means nothing to them. And restart does not help.