PDA

View Full Version : can't pick up gas can

nilloc93
04-11-2012, 06:20 AM
i'm on mission 1 (have you guys at 1C ever heard of a tutorial before?) and i've killed everything but now i'm at the church and i can't pick up the jerry can, my guy just runs up to it and stands there no matter how many times i click when the grab symbol is there.

on a side note this is the most pathetic excuse for game design i've seen, the first mission is insane hard, i can't ^$^$# see anything 1/2 the time cause of all the bushes and trees, and i died 20 seconds after i started the mission, at least on the first MOW you had everyone behind cover when the armored car pulled up.

RoastedAlmon
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Make room for the gas can in his inventory and try picking it up again. I agree on the problem where you have no way of seeing where your soldiers are. They could have added an option where your soldiers / allies turn bright green when they stand in a bush or behind something.

kane1
04-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Make room for the gas can in his inventory and try picking it up again. I agree on the problem where you have no way of seeing where your soldiers are. They could have added an option where your soldiers / allies turn bright green when they stand in a bush or behind something.

Have you tried to enable the "Highlight Silhouettes" option?

RoastedAlmon
04-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Have you tried to enable the "Highlight Silhouettes" option?

LOL how could i miss that.. Thank you kane1. That helped :D now i can actually see where my soldiers are. For those who wonder where it is. It is the red and blue button looking like two guys in the lower left corner of the screen named "Highlight outlines". :)

Element_five
04-18-2012, 07:23 AM
I cant even find the gas can?
Tried twice but no luck? In the curch all I find is boxes.

Could it been blown to pieces maybe?

RoastedAlmon
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
I cant even find the gas can?
Tried twice but no luck? In the curch all I find is boxes.

Could it been blown to pieces maybe?

It can be hard to see, but it should stand right next to the boxes in the church. If you put the mouse pointer over the boxes it should turn into an eye and when the pointer is over the jerry can the pointer will turn into a grabbing hand. Press the button in the lower left corner of the screen looking like a box/crate that is named "Highlight items". Maybe that helps. I don't know if the jerry can could have been destroyed. But then i think that the mission would fail. When you find the jerry can, make sure that you have room in your inventory and then you put it into your inventory instead of carrying it in your hand. Do that by picking it up and while holding it in your hand you right click the jerry can icon in the handgrenade slot. That way you can run while carrying the jerry can. ;) Put it back in your hand from your inventory when you reach the boat to refuel it.