PDA

View Full Version : Fog of war icons selection

kennel
04-08-2012, 11:53 PM
How does one get this setting to activate in dgen campaigns, is there any info on what it actually is or does?

kennel
04-09-2012, 05:45 AM
I have read the MDS fog of war document, if I wish to somehow activate this feature for off line DGEN or DCG campaigns do I have to open the mission/campaign files in FMB to get these features to work?

Or will it only work for MDS online missions?

Aviar
04-09-2012, 05:47 AM
The FoW switch in the Difficulty settings (No Fog of War Icons) only controls the actual in-game map icons associated with the FoW option settings in a particular mission. (For instance, an enemy plane detected by one of your ship's 'radar'. Or, ground units detected by 'recon' planes.)

If the FoW feature(s) was not activated in the mission by the mission builder, the FoW switch will do nothing. So, this switch will not 'activate' any FoW settings.

The same goes for campaigns. The Fog of War Difficulty setting has no effect unless the option is enabled in each individual mission. Even if you opened each mission and enabled the Fog of War setting, it probably would not have much of an effect on the mission itself. This is because the FOW feature is very much a custom setting....meaning that the person building the mission would need to add particular elements to take advantage of the FOW features.

Aviar

kennel
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
So am I correct in assuming the fog of war setting will only work in user made linnear campaigns?

On another topic can you use MDS to create single player campaigns with the refuel/rearm option?

Aviar
04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes...FOW elements need to be added to individual missions.

The R/R/R feature only seems to work on Dogfight maps.

Aviar