PDA

View Full Version : Time have changed (in a good way)

TBear
04-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Last week i reinstalled the game, worked it up to latest version. I was lucky that my old profiles for my MSFF"-X52 combo stil was around and the major hazzle setting up controls was done in one click.

Had to work the Conf file (realy want to pull out the best of the game)

(stil dont understand that my screen resolution even if i set it in the conf file stil ends up with two black bars on each side of the monitor"no full screen")

I admit im weak, jumped into my old time favorite rides, the "zippo`s" of IJN, IJA.

First take of try, wacked the engine 200m away from runway. Well trying again, wacked it again. Time for reading, engine management, new small things, setting up the controls, one more go. This time i could keep the engine alive, (simply trying to fly, no fighting) Some rolls, some acrobatics, then landing. Atleast the saying is. Every landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Boy oh boy, here im sitting as an aincient Ace of the 6th Kokutai JFC been flying campaigns against odds no one would bet on and i cant land a "frabzing" A6M.

I could keep on, but frustration and fun factor are way up there. The game have changed alot since my last adventure in the skies. By old settings 100% is now the easy mode. The AI are beating me, none of my old trix realy works, im right back to "basic flight training"

One of the hardest changes i ever made was going from CFS 2 to IL 2. Now old IL2 vs "New" IL 2 is almost the same. This game with the mod communitys will live for a loooong time, and i am one who will keep blowing up my engines in the world of fun`ness...

Only bad thing i have. I also have UP 3.0. I would love the FM`s and relatet stuf into the world of objects and sounds from UP 3.0

Realy realy love TD`s work on the planes, and realy love the huge world of posibilitys in UP 3.0

Thumps up to everyone :)

PS. Is hyberlobby stil "the place" ?? and are there stil squards around who fly campaigns? (dont care about red/blue) i burn the same no matter colour :)

TBear

KG26_Alpha
04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi

Welcome back :)

As far as the conf.ini goes, post yours here along with the native resolution of the monitor.

Yes Hyperlobby is still the place to be flying from, its had an overhaul a few times.

Still some campaigns going, mostly squad stuff.

Have fun.

lupus
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes. There are squads still flying campaigns. In fact, if you don't mind flying for the RAF, my squad is currently recruiting. We're currently flying a DCG campaign in 1940 France as we fly our way through the war. Check us out at www.raf-65.com