PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Purchase Men of War: Condemned Heroes on Steam

Nike-it
04-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Men of War: Condemned Heroes (http://store.steampowered.com/app/204860/) is now available for pre-purchase on Steam! Pre-purchase and receive a FREE copy of Men of War: Vietnam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/63940/).

The offer is valid until the release of the game on April 12th.

Also don't forget to order Men of War: Condemned Heroes Prima Guide (http://store.steampowered.com/app/206782/). This Official Strategy Guide is packed with over 60 campaign and mission strategy videos and 7 interactive maps with videos, screenshots, details on points of interest and many more.

it068
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Is it possible to just buy the prima guide separatly? I've pre-ordered the retail version.:(

highness
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
i don't see anything that much convincing on the main website about Condemned Heroes, that 00:23s video doesn't show much about it neither anything is said about what is in that ... sequel / mod or addon(?)

If there is nothing much to say about it on the main website, then i presume it to be a simple retextured / rebadged MOD (as Vietnam was) without anything new in terms of game-play improvement or new game features.

I have been a fan of Men Of War series, but since Redtide , absolutely NOTHING NEW has been brought into the main game-play core, the bugs and other game-play annoyances since the beginning of the MoW series are still present.

Since now it seems the strategy of 1C is biased only on adding new 3d characters models and units and no other effort is ever being done to redo at least the voice acting job or improving game-play features! (Vietnam had the same vocals for US GI soldiers as the soldiers had from previous wwII theathers)

So, i presume this "sequel" being just a new MOD with some new maps, a bit of new characters here and there and new textures and it is being marketed as a full new game without anything really new. And it is really sad that the real development of the game engine has been abandoned in that way.

NO THANKS!

Nike-it
04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Is it possible to just buy the prima guide separatly? I've pre-ordered the retail version.:(

Try here: http://www.primagames.com/games/men-war-condemned-heroes/primaguides/293

Bublinator
04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I have bought on steam and i have no men of war vietnam :_(

micromancer
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
When will it be available for purchase on Gamersgate? I hope a few days before release?

EDIT: Also could you say how many missions including Bonus there will be in total? I am just wondering because Red Tide had so many missions, and Vietnam seemed to have a lot less - and no better quality! - so I am a bit worried..

it068
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
When will it be available for purchase on Gamersgate? I hope a few days before release?

EDIT: Also could you say how many missions including Bonus there will be in total? I am just wondering because Red Tide had so many missions, and Vietnam seemed to have a lot less - and no better quality! - so I am a bit worried..

At least 15 missions. don't know whether this includes bonus missions, though.

micromancer
04-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Ah 15 sounds better. I thought I read somewhere its 12.

djsatane
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I still havent seen any official confirmation except that steam store page for this game doesnt list coop. Lack of ability to play these missions with friends like with most mow games nowdays is quite unexpected...to say the least.

it068
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Ah 15 sounds better. I thought I read somewhere its 12.

I suppose that could mean 12 story missions and 3 bonus missions?
Definitely at least 15 in total.

micromancer
04-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Yes you're right PC Gamer preview from 2011 says 15 missions, I hope that doesn't include bonus missions.

it068
04-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes you're right PC Gamer preview from 2011 says 15 missions, I hope that doesn't include bonus missions.
Have to wait and see, I suppose...

micromancer
04-08-2012, 08:06 AM
OK, translating the Russian site (http://games.1c.ru/shtrafbat/?type=news) with Google Translate it will apparently be 14 campaign missions and (at least day 1 patch says 6 bonus missions are fixed, there might be more) http://download.softclub.ru/pub/shtrafbat/patch/shtrafbat_patch_1.0.1.0_readme.txt) 6 bonus missions, so that should be 20 missions total.
Sounds alright if you ask me :grin:

Bublinator
04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
did anyone recieved the men of war vietnam i did not

Richie551
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I have not gotten the supposively free Men of War: Vietnam as well. It was supposively included to play now.. but it's been a day so far..
Lots of complaining over on the steam forums on it as well, I'm guessing that 1C realised they made a marketing blunder and were gonna lose money on the deal, so they bailed on it. As you know, Men of War: Condemned Heroes, which is $29.99, costs less than Men of War: Vietman, which is $34.99. I'm almost ready to get into contact with steam support about getting my money back and just playing Men of War: Assault Squad.

Sneaksie
04-09-2012, 11:44 AM
All who pre-purchased the game on Steam will receive their MoW: Vietnam free copy.

Sneaksie
04-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Update: the issue should be fixed now, please re-login to Steam if you don't see your copy of Vietnam.

Bublinator
04-10-2012, 08:32 AM
i still dont have men of war vietnam

Sneaksie
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
If you still don't have your pre-purchase bonus, please contact Steam support.

Funktion
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Sneaksie, I hope you guys consider doing what you did with Vietnam for a future game: offering a discount to those who own a previous game.

In my case, I already own MoW: Vietnam (and every other game in the series), so there really isn't a pre-order incentive to me.
Doesn't seem really "fair" that those who bought MoW: Vietnam get nothing extra, while those who didn't get a free game.

razputin
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
My already had Vietnam so I ended up with a gift version. Why so many are not getting their copies is weird. I think you need to contact Steam.