PDA

View Full Version : "This CD-KEY is assigned to another account"

MinorProphetOfDoom
03-30-2012, 01:51 AM
I purchased Men of War: Vietnam through Green Man Gaming. I activated my game on Steam, and I can load the game up, go into multiplayer and login to my gamespy account, but when I enter the CD key after multiplayer login, it won't accept it, saying "This CD-KEY is assigned to another account"!

The whole reason I got this was to play multiplayer! So I read the forums, and sent a message to support@1cpublishing.eu asking for help.

That was a week ago! I haven't heard ANYTHING back. :(

MinorProphetOfDoom
04-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Still no response. :confused:

djsatane
04-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Its possible you have another gamespy account that the key is assigned to go check in your registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1C\ there are mow games and keys that you have used on that pc are stored there along with userid of gamespy account. Sometimes you can aven have different userids per gamespy account.

MinorProphetOfDoom
04-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked there and it has my keys for other MOW games, but doesn't have a key for MOW:V, I think that's because I have NEVER been able to successfully use the game in multiplayer.

I was hoping for some official help, but it looks like no one from 1C is interested in even responding to my email or forum posts. :(

MinorProphetOfDoom
04-18-2012, 11:15 PM
So I have looked through my registry and don't have the entry I would have if I had ever successfully used the game online.

I have contacted Green Man Gaming, where I purchased MOW:V, they verified I had the CD Key I should have, then suggested I contact GameSpy.

I asked GameSpy for help, specifically wanting to know which account this CD key was in use by. They said they were unable to help me, and that I would have to contact 1C, who they say will be able to help me.

If only they would.

I'm still waiting for a response!