PDA

View Full Version : Engine upgrades?

DRNewcomb
03-26-2012, 04:53 PM
This is something in Reboot that I never saw in the original. I currently have a Peling Splash-20 engine which upgraded to a 41 psc jump distance. I just purchased a Peling Gravitone-22 and can't get anyone to upgrade it to jump more than 40 psc. I've tried different scientific bases on different days, etc. It's always 860 & 40 psc (Best Techs). I don't recall any case in the original game where I could not get a higher grade engine to jump farther than a lower grade engine. Anyone have any ideas on this?

modo
03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
In Reboot you now have an option for every engine to upgrade it's jump range or speed. So I assume that for the splash one you selected the jump option and for the gravitone the speed.
A screenshoot would help, maybe the spalsh one has a micromodule on it as well?

DRNewcomb
03-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Understood. The Splash engine upgraded to 41 psc before installing the micromodule (Flow? +8 jump) for a total of 49 psc. The Gravitone engine would only upgrade to 40 and I have a Shift (+14) mm in the hold. I always go for maximum jump distance, on the theory that you can't win a battle if you can't get to it. In the original game I would always save and before upgrading then try three days to see what combinations were produced. I've done the same in Reboot and always ask for the most jump. In this case I reloaded and went to another scientific base with the same result. Always 860/40. I'm away from home and can't provide a screen shot right now.

modo
03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I can confirm on the different SB results, I did almost the same tests as you. And the same approach to the jump upgrade for the engine as soon as I have one capable of naturally going above 40...until then I always get the speed and rely on the hypergenerator arti for it's 40 jump range.

omegaweapon
06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
hmm i am not sure after reading this post but isnt the upgrade a hidden characteristic for any equipment i read a lot of thing and do some test and what i see is that u cant change a equipment upgrade bonus

it means that any equipment generated with its three possible upgrade bonus so i think the only thing u can do is to buy a different engine

modo
06-16-2012, 06:20 AM
In Reboot you have the the choice for engines to upgrade either for speed or jump range; for weapons you can choose between distance and power, the same for the gripper.
Let's say you choose jump range for engine, it will increase both the jump range and speed but it will give you more jump range then the other way around.

omegaweapon
06-16-2012, 03:36 PM
yes i know the point is he was lucky to find a jump upgrade of 40 for that engine and at the same time he was unlucky to find a engine of higher tech that upgraded for less than 40 jump

i thought the question is why he cant upgrade a single engine to jump higher than 40 and i think the answer is u wont be able to change upgrade bonus of any equipment (both type of upgrade bonuses are fix when the equipment generated) the only thing u can do is to buy another engine (and doing the same type of upgrade :))

and i should actually say for engine (or any thing that have 2 type of upgrade) the equipment generated with its 6 possible upgrade (3 version for how much money u want to pay and 2 type speed and jump for a total of 6 )

modo
06-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Yes, this is correct, the values do seem to be fixed. But we also have micromodules ;)

DRNewcomb
12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the discussion. I was away from Reboot for a while and got back to playing it. I just backed up to the point before I bought that engine and just waited until something better came along.