PDA

View Full Version : Camouflage

DRNewcomb
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
OK, I searched for this without any hits. In Reboot you can buy camouflage from a pirate base. I bought one edition to test. The FAQ says you have to "activate" it before you enter the system with the dominators. The problem is that I can't figure out how to activate it. It looks the same as health insurance. I click on it and nothing happens.

modo
03-24-2012, 06:49 AM
In the ship window (when in space, in a different sector than the one you intend to enter) right click on the hull in the center; this should show a window with all available camouflages ;)
I think there is also a hotkey for this, k iirc

DRNewcomb
03-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Edit:
OK. Found it. I take it that this only works until you open fire. Handy for sneaking through or around a dominator system. If you land on an uninhabited planet (say to pick up a probe), will it be still in effect when you take off again?

modo
03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Yap, you are correct...as long as you don't fire at them you're safe and can land / take off; if you fire before landing this doesn't work. The only option then is to fly out, engage the camouflage again and fly back.

You can check this via the intercom if you have it....as long as they think you're one of them you get one type of response when communicating with them. Once they know you're not one of them you get....somthing else :)