PDA

View Full Version : Time for an update

Hingerson
04-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Comon guys dont leave us hanging for so long please throw us a bone how is the game coming along? any release date in sight? any kind of news you can share with us? :confused: :confused: :confused:

rakeltner
04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Comon guys dont leave us hanging for so long please throw us a bone how is the game coming along? any release date in sight? any kind of news you can share with us? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree. A little more info would be nice. Something like you are still working on core components, or you are in the testing phase, or you are printing CD's etc...
Just a quick little note on the web site. (5 minutes of your time?)

Daystar
04-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Or if you're bored, something longer! What are the people there like? Nice? Funny? Witty? Sardonic? Had any good, lolsome moments?

Tempo
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
There is release date of 18 april 2008 on the site of Katauri Interactive http://www.katauri.com/. This date written in russian, but you may understand it without translation. I don't sure, but it seems to be truth.

Tempo
04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Here: http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/3833583 you can find order form for russian release of the game. Translation: "DVD in jewel case (written in english :) ), expectation date - april 2008". Russian price is 452 RR = 18 USD. But games in Russia usually cheaper than in the world.

Hingerson
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
hmm that seems possibly promising I know they say they will post it here or on the official website first but Katauri Interactive is the ones producing this with 1C right>?

Tempo
04-08-2008, 05:36 PM
25 april 2008 - this is release date in russian forum: http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=213&st=20. Summary of text: "The game is gone to Gold! It was a time shift in one week in last moment. But on friday 25 april 2008 russian release of the game is expected in 1C's stores. It will be in three versions: jewel-box (500 RR=20 USD), box (1000 RR=40 USD) and DVD-box (560 RR=22 USD)".
Information source - sale service of 1C.

Tempo
04-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Katauri Interactive is developer, and 1C is publisher of the game.

Hingerson
04-08-2008, 06:15 PM
thanks alot tempo thats great news!!! funny that we hear it from you before the devs

Renevent
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh...I hope this is not bogus info...I don't like to get my hopes up only to have them smashed into little pieces.

Though even with that info, I guess it's only the russian version? So I am guessing I won't be able to download an english version from their website?

Daystar
04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, if it goes to Russia then it will probobally be able to come to America (or wherever you live) fairly soon after that. Heck, I'd be fine to get a Russian version then run it through Babelfish and play like that. Meh to translation.

Hingerson
04-08-2008, 09:55 PM
yea same here im ready to play it in russian if I have too lol, but if the release date is in fact april 25th in Russia it should follow closely in the states I would hope maybe even same day :-P

Tempo
04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I think that english version will be soon because almost all of screenshots I saw (even on russian website) was in english :)

Renevent
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
So uh...it's like two weeks away from that date (25th), and no word on the main site, or from the admins on this forum. That strike anyone else as odd?

Hingerson
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Not really it seems as if the updates for english are always late but I guess its to be expected, Tempo obviously speaks russian, apparently in the Russian forums there is a post saying its gone gold and I would imagine since he relayed the message it was from an administrator. Just keeping my fingers crossed

Tempo
04-10-2008, 07:06 AM
This info was from developers DM and Zakker before on unofficial forum http://forums.ag.ru/?board=fl_main&action=display&s=0&num=1146747766&start=1525 (post #1535), and past on official game forum http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=213&st=0 (post #15).
There is no comments from 1C. Russian users on forum suggests that official info probably will be on tuesday next week. There is good tradition of 1C to publish info on 10 days before release date.

Renevent
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
"There is good tradition of 1C to public info on 10 days before release date."

Ah ok...if that's the case it makes sense then. I guess I am unfamilar with the way European devs conduct business, as most US devs publish their release dates much earlier (like as soon as they have a concrete date).

Daystar
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
So that's when, on Teusday the 15th?

Hingerson
04-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Yea I hope so!

Tempo
04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Fortunately I was wrong about traditions. 1C has been published official info today :)
http://games.1c.ru/, http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty/
Official release date of russian version is actually april 25th. But there is no info about other language versions yet.

Tempo
04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Minimal system requirements:
O.S.: Windows XP/Vista;
CPU with 2,6 GHz frequency or the same (equivalent) AMD;
RAM: 1 Gigabyte;
Video: nVidia GeForce FX 6800 with 128 Mb of memory or equivalent from ATI;
DVD-ROM;
Keyboard;
Mouse.

The game will work on lower configurations also, but all you will see is slideshow ) This info was from developer on russian forum.

Daystar
04-11-2008, 08:55 PM
The erection of kings to the throne
What's this going to be rated?
the rescuing of those fallen into the paws draconic of princesses
Princesses with Dragon paws? Sweet.
Unique enemies -superbossy.
So, they order you around a lot?
------------------------------

Ah, the joys of Babelfish.

Also, new screenshot!! And it's full of win!!!!

Hingerson
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
yea I used it too, I can't believe they have announced that its gone gold and yet not one of them has even mentioned it on here thank goodness for Tempo

KingImp
04-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I just hope this isn't another case of someone opening their mouths about something they know nothing about, kinda like what Nival did numerous times with Heroes V. So many times someone at Nival would come out and say something that wasn't true and it was up to Ubisoft to come in and set the record straight.

Looking at the Gamestop page, they still have the game listed as being released at the end of September so until someone from 1C actually confirms it here, I'm going to assume that someone either released bogus info or that date of April 25th is old and was never updated.

Daystar
04-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Has anyone else noticed how issues of KB seems to be interwoven with HMM? Seriously, HMM was a spin off, shouldn't it be...spun off by now?

Tempo
04-13-2008, 07:19 AM
You have a right to doubt, of course. But the russian release of the game will appear on April 24th in my town in south Russia (not for sale else!). The sale will begin on April 25th simultaneously in all towns. This info is from local distributor, my good buddy. And it is 100% true.
I suppose an english and other versions will appear a few later, but earlier than September or October. I think an english version is already ready (look at screenshots), but they need time to create a content of box versions (user's manual and etc).

Daystar
04-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, send a few pages to me, I'll translate. (While secretly posting everything online in order to tell people about the game! UPDATE! I HAS IT!!! MUAH HA HA HA HA HA!!)

rakeltner
04-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I find it a little odd that 1C has not jumped in.
I guess they could be getting tired of responding to when the date will be, however an update would still be in order.

Tempo is correct. The russian web site http://www.kingsbounty.ru/ has the release date and images of the box/cd covers.
Thanks for sharing Tempo, it is nice to have the info.

I guess the English version will come one of these days. I am not a big fan of Atari, hope we don't have to wait for them.

KingImp
04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I have to say that will annoy me if we in North America have to wait an extra 4-6 months for this to be released here. I never agreed with staggered release dates and feel every country should receive it around the same time.

Hingerson
04-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Yea I hope we dont have to wait 4-6 months that will be bullcrap I mean it seems obvious that its not going to be released April 25th here since they haven't even bothered to officially confirm it on the english forums but I hope we only have to wait like a month.

KingImp
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Their lack of commenting on this here gives me a bad feeling that they don't want to say anything because it is months away for the rest of us and they know it will only annoy us. This sucks.

Hingerson
04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Their lack of commenting on this here gives me a bad feeling that they don't want to say anything because it is months away for the rest of us and they know it will only annoy us. This sucks.
Yea usually Evegeny or Anatoly would have said something by now squashing any bad info but the fact that neither have posted in quite sometime I would have to agree with you kingimp

Renevent
04-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I hope they are just on vacation :P

Seriously though, the lack of info is pretty worrying...considering the Russian release is literally 10 days away...

Hingerson
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
yes maybe there coming to U.S. to personally deliver the first shipment so we get it the same day :P

Daystar
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Anyone Official: Tell us something! Seriously, the lack of knowing is worse than anything (except like "It is canceled" or "We have decided to restart and make a space age version" but I doubt either of those will happen)

Shega
04-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Well, the preliminary release date in Europe and USA is autumn 2008. And we will sure report to you as soon as the exact date will be specified.

KingImp
04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
So, 6 months after it's released in Russia. Great! :roll:

katabroc
04-16-2008, 10:05 AM
you may laugh at me, but Im brazillian (we speak portuguese here), and started learning the basics of russian reading so I can play the game. Since I dont want to understand everything is happening, just the basics, I think a 2 weeks study time will be enough. At least to play a few skirmish games of KB! :)

These sites helped me a lot :

http://www.dorogadomoj.com/se03abv.html (alphabet)

http://www.word2word.com/coursead.html#russian

Anatoly
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately or fortunately (depends on the player :)) King's Bounty belongs to the category of games where dialogues and the whole story line play a major role. There is also quite a number of jokes in dialogues. All of this together makes a lot of text and localization is one of the most tough points here. This is the reason why it will take several months before the game is released outside of Russia.

King's Bounty is one the biggest titles coming out this year and we really want to make everything good and translate the game in a proper way, so you can enjoy it.
Thanks for understanding!

Renevent
04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh man...that is horrible news. I am glad you guys are trying to get it right...but geesh...that long?

Well, I was really looking foward to this game, it will probably just drop off the radar now.

Hingerson
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh man...that is horrible news. I am glad you guys are trying to get it right...but geesh...that long?

Well, I was really looking foward to this game, it will probably just drop off the radar now.

yea no joke renevent especially if its near starcraft 2 *drools*

Daystar
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM

That's what she said.

Renevent
04-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Rhetorical question...

Anatoly
04-17-2008, 06:23 AM

I don't really think that a couple extra months is a disaster and believe that gamers would prefer to play in a properly translated and voice-overed English game rather than buy something half-baked but several months earlier.

Renevent
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't really think that a couple extra months is a disaster and believe that gamers would prefer to play in a properly translated and voice-overed English game rather than buy something half-baked but several months earlier.

So a couple months? As in two months? Ya, that wouldn't be so bad. But it was said that it was comming in Autumn...which is 6 months away.

Anyways...I obviously was a bit rash, and will still get the game whenever it comes out. Just having to wait half a year longer really stinks...I could probably learn to speak russian by then and just buy the russian version lol.

KingImp
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM

So a couple months? As in two months? Ya, that wouldn't be so bad. But it was said that it was comming in Autumn...which is 6 months away.

Yeah, 2 months wouldn't be bad, but based on that one person who said Autumn, that's roughly 6 months. Way too long considering the game is done and all that is left by your own admissions is translations.

Daystar
04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree!

How about this: Could you put some sections of text on the internet? Not major storyline things, but bit parts and "You find x object in y place. It does z thing." Then perhaps the community could translate it! We could really help you out, speed the process, AND you guys would look good for fan involvement! Plus, free!

Gerhard45
04-18-2008, 05:19 AM
6 Months that a JOKE
Well Game Over for me the Game is dead for me

Szeszmester
04-18-2008, 06:30 AM
6 Months that a JOKE
Well Game Over for me the Game is dead for me

Hopefully, it's just 5 months away :)

Anyway, I'm sure that you would have time for playing during the summer, but some ppl won't, so I don't think if this is a real problem.

Gerhard45
04-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Hopefully, it's just 5 months away :)

Anyway, I'm sure that you would have time for playing during the summer, but some ppl won't, so I don't think if this is a real problem.

summer winter there is alway some time for play a game i just don't like how 1C come out with NEWS that bad.PPL from Rusia Forum have to tell u Game comes out (April only in Rusia)
Well from now on i will stay away from 1C Games.

Szeszmester
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
summer winter there is alway some time for play a game i just don't like how 1C come out with NEWS that bad.PPL from Rusia Forum have to tell u Game comes out (April only in Rusia)
Well from now on i will stay away from 1C Games.

Well, we live in a free world, if u wanna stay away, then do it.

I understand that 1C has no resources for a world-wide release, sad thing, we have to wait.

Hingerson
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Im gonna get this game for sure im bummed of course that I have to wait longer, but I guess looking at the bright side of things at least its spring going into summer and I LOVE hiking and exploring I live in a beautiful mountainous area so ill spend my time doing that. And if anyone is interested there is a fun game called silverfall might buy you a little time or Red Dawn is a turn based game for the wii looks like it could be pretty fun