PDA

View Full Version : I cannot install the Map Editor

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I just downloaded it, but it says "'Fantasy Wars' not found in the Games."

What in the world does this mean? I have the version I downloaded from Gamers Gate. Is this what's causing the problem? If so, any ways around it?

Thanks in advance!

Devean
04-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Currently only European and US retail (boxed) versions support the editor. Versions from other countries or the ones downloaded have a different build and the guys in 1C didn't take this into account, so the editor doesn't work with such versions. I have the very same problem :(

Skelos said some time ago that they are working to fix the problem. So, hopefully, in some time we will all be able to use the editor.

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Currently only European and US retail (boxed) versions support the editor. Versions from other countries or the ones downloaded have a different build and the guys in 1C didn't take this into account, so the editor doesn't work with such versions. I have the very same problem :(

Skelos said some time ago that they are working to fix the problem. So, hopefully, in some time we will all be able to use the editor.

That really ticks me off. Civ 4 had no such problems with patches, as they always had both the CD- and download-compatible versions ready.

By the time the map editor for the download versions, then I may have moved onto another game.

rakeltner
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Guys, I purchased the GamersGate version and the European Version of the map editor worked great for me.
Note: I first tried the North American version an I got the same "not found" error. Then tried the European version and everything works great now.

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Hey Guys, I purchased the GamersGate version and the European Version of the map editor worked great for me.
Note: I first tried the North American version an I got the same "not found" error. Then tried the European version and everything works great now.

Is the European version in English?

Hertston
04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Is the European version in English?

As far as I know.. or at least the version supposedly on sale in the UK is.

I'm now fuming... I ordered a second copy online just to allow me to run the editor (FW has never been stocked in local stores), which I made sure was advertised as the Nobilis version with the associated box art. What I got was a second copy of this wretched 'Asian' version that, while otherwise fully functional, won't work with the editor. :evil:

1C guys, can we PLEASE have a version of the editor that functions with this version? I now have a spare copy I can send you to examine if that would help!!

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
As far as I know.. or at least the version supposedly on sale in the UK is.

I'm now fuming... I ordered a second copy online just to allow me to run the editor (FW has never been stocked in local stores), which I made sure was advertised as the Nobilis version with the associated box art. What I got was a second copy of this wretched 'Asian' version that, while otherwise fully functional, won't work with the editor. :evil:

1C guys, can we PLEASE have a version of the editor that functions with this version? I now have a spare copy I can send you to examine if that would help!!

The European version of the Map Editor works on the Gamer's Gate version.

Hertston
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
The European version of the Map Editor works on the Gamer's Gate version.

I'm sure that will be most helpful to those who have the Gamersgate version. I don't. I now have two copies of the 'Far East' box version!