PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to edit the campaign?

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I find the campaign fairly hard at later stages even in "Easy" version, and I am wondering if there is a way to edit it.

Also, is there a way to edit units?

Thanks in advance!

Devean
04-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I find the campaign fairly hard at later stages even in "Easy" version, and I am wondering if there is a way to edit it.

You can edit the scenarios in the campaign folder. Of course, when the editor will work for you ;)

Also, is there a way to edit units?

Everything is stored in plain XML files (and some CSV/ODF XML), so you can alter the stats of the units, movement rates, perks, artifacts etc. This game is fully moddable :)

Of course, remember to backup everything before you start editing :)

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 03:16 PM
You can edit the scenarios in the campaign folder. Of course, when the editor will work for you ;)

Ok, the European version seems to work. How do I access the campaign maps? I only see skirmish maps on from the Map Editor.

Devean
04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
This might not work, as I do not have the editor ;) I figured it out by looking at the game files structure - was going to try it when the editor for other versions comes out :)

Go to Data\Levels\Campaigns\, enter one of the campaign folders and copy the scenario you want to edit to Data\Levels\Quick_Mission. Make a backup! When through with editing, copy it back to its original location :)

Magog
04-05-2008, 05:23 PM
This might not work, as I do not have the editor ;) I figured it out by looking at the game files structure - was going to try it when the editor for other versions comes out :)

Go to Data\Levels\Campaigns\, enter one of the campaign folders and copy the scenario you want to edit to Data\Levels\Quick_Mission. Make a backup! When through with editing, copy it back to its original location :)

Yup, each campaign scenario has its own folder. Just copy it to the Quick_Mission folder.

MisterBarca
04-05-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks, it worked beautifully! :)

Devean
04-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks, it worked beautifully! :)

You're welcome. Glad to be of help :)