PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie with 1st mission in campaign..

zzenn
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I can do it in 9 turns for silver on normal... but 8 and gold is beyond me.

If anyone is gracious enough to do a fairly detailed walkthrough of the first mission in 8 turns I would appreciate it a lot (and I'm sure many others would too). Pretty cool if it involves getting the sword and money from chapel also.

Alex Mars
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Which race, human or orc?

zzenn
04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Oops. Human. :)

Devean
04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't remember exactly, but if I went with Pfeil for the sword and with the skirmisher for the ruins. The rest continued forward. With luck you quickly kill the units guarding the special places. Then I had to reload a few times, to get the final chain of attacks right, so the enemy units retreat exactly where I want them to :) I found *not* killing all enemy units crucial for gold victory :)

zzenn
04-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks, I guess luck plays a part too :) I decided to stop focusing on the time victories, and instead build a strong army by annihilating everything on the map, getting all the gold caches and grabbing all artifacts. Plus, it's more fun when I can take my time. If I replay the maps, I'll try to break the time limits :)

MisterBarca
04-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks, I guess luck plays a part too :) I decided to stop focusing on the time victories, and instead build a strong army by annihilating everything on the map, getting all the gold caches and grabbing all artifacts. Plus, it's more fun when I can take my time. If I replay the maps, I'll try to break the time limits :)

What are the benefits of a Gold Victory, besides more gold?

Do you ever get artifacts or units as a result of a Gold Victory?

Devean
04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Yes, MisterBarca. You get artifacts and/or units for gold victory.