PDA

View Full Version : Help with Alliance Campaign Turn 4 Knights of the Sword

OldGray
04-02-2008, 03:27 AM
Stuck on this one. You start with 3 characters and can trigger some help but I have tried left, right and center approaches on the map and end up just been overpowered by the a.i.
I have played continuously to this point by finally turned my attention to other games.

Any help to allow me to get back to the game and enjoy the balance of the game would be appreciated.

Great game.

Should the moderator read this, is their any other language forum link that has more activity then this one. I would even try downloading translation version if I could read more of other peoples strategies and thoughts of the game.

gerbercage
04-02-2008, 06:53 AM
your 3 heroes's all level 10?
it will very hard if your hero's level too low

OldGray
04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow
Father Dexter Lvl 6 Derrick Pfeil Lvl 8 Master Brennok Lvl 8

Guess this means I won't be able to complete the game

I am on normal difficulty. Thanks for the reply.

Devean
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow
Father Dexter Lvl 6 Derrick Pfeil Lvl 8 Master Brennok Lvl 8

I've had similar problems and similar levels. Apart from Brennok, level 6 I believe. My Brennok never got to level 8 until the end of the game :)

I conquered the town in the center-left, moved Pfeil to defend it, lost Brennok and all helper units. Won just because I gave Dexter some defensive artifacts and positioned him on a hill in the center. All the enemies kept attacking him, and he killed them all one by one, sometimes having to heal. Got a bronze here - barely. In my oppinion this one's the *most* difficult human scenario. And I was playing all scenarios on easy.

Hrothgar
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't be discouraged. I finished [with a great deal of effort] Knights of the Sword on normal difficulty with Pfeil at level 8, Brennock on 6, and Dexter on level 5. I got a few gold victories along the way, but it's possible to complete all three campaigns on normal difficulty level without achieving straight golds--I did.

As for this scenario, I can't remember the details of how I won--altho I do remember using the ranger you receive to take out the enemy mage located on the coast to your left. I also think I concentrated on my right when I approached the main enemy position in the center of the map. I had to save and reload a number of times, but, eventually, I made it thru, altho probably only with a bronze.

Even when I started the last battle of the Alliance campaign, my heros were only at the following levels: Pfeil 9, Brennock 8, Dexter and Teya 7, Dwarnock 6. I had a tough time in that scenario, but I was finally able to win.

RNBLUE
04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
I think this scenario is among the most difficult. The first time I played through at the easy level my three heros were between 5 and 7 and I got through on the third try by going right, across the river. I then set up defensive positions around the church and baited the computer into attacking across the river. The problem with this approach is it takes a long time to get all the units across the river and into position. So I ended up with a bonze victory.

I'm in the midst of my second time through and just completed this level. This time my heros were almost maxed (Pfeil and Brennock at 9 and Dexter at 7 - I knew this one was coming). I went left this time towards the town. I then baited the first line of knights into attacking me at the town. Taking them out was not too difficult. I then rested and recruited and attacked the center. I used Brennock to soften the knights and crossbowmen in the center and attacked with my forces. With Pfeil at 9 he kills a knight each turn by himself and Dexter was pretty close to doing the same. It was surprisingly easy, although I still didn't complete it in time to get a gold victory. It takes a while to move the crossbowman in the forest on the right into position and then attack the town and the first row of knights without sparking all of the opposing forces in the center from attacking.