PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: Warriors of the North Preview by Inside Gaming Daily Blog

Nike-it
02-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Guys at Inside Gaming Daily Blog recently checked the early version of upcoming King's Bounty: Warriors of the North and published detailed preview.
You can find the full article here (http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/02/28/kings-bounty-warriors-of-the-north/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kings-bounty-warriors-of-the-north).

Mandea
02-29-2012, 07:20 AM
fall 2012? that's certainly not good news albeit at the top of the page it is written release date: spring 2012.

Nike-it
02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
fall 2012? that's certainly not good news albeit at the top of the page it is written release date: spring 2012.

That's a mistake in the preview, as it was said, the release date is still Spring 2012.

Mandea
02-29-2012, 08:04 AM
okey-dokey :D
anyways, scarce info in the preview.

J.B.
02-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes, scarce and some hmmm let's say interesting info! Different Mounts? My curiousity is definetly excited!

Nike-it
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Yes, scarce and some hmmm let's say interesting info! Different Mounts? My curiousity is definetly excited!

I don't like to anyhow decrease your expectations, but you will still be using only horses (and later Pegasus).

J.B.
02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't like to anyhow decrease your expectations, but you will still be using only horses (and later Pegasus).

No problem, because that was exact the answer I wanted to see! Horses (Pegasus) only and no Brontos or dragons sounds perfect. Only exception would be a unicorn, but anything else than a horse/pegasus for me is not KB. :grin:

Darkeonz
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I feel like whoever wrote the article, has just seen the same video as the rest of us have seen, you know, the pre-alpha video that was released a week or so ago...Is this true? or did he witness another live performance of the game? Evertyhing he explains seems to be from the video i watched :-D

Nike-it
03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
The preview is based on the hands-on presentation, not the video from GameTrailers. The result can be similar as in both cases same levels were shown.

Fatt_Shade
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree with Darkeonz , because this `detailed preview article` explains almost all same things as video released 1 week ago. They mentioned : "bunch of new stuff, locations, units, skills, let’s roll, already; sheeesh." but didnt say anything about any of those new things :-(
"Next, we witnessed the usefulness of teleportation magic in combat: Zap your quicker, nimbler fighters instantly forward right up in the enemy’s face, let them get in a quick attack, and then zap them back to among your assembled ranks—not only an irritatingly-effective combat tactic." Pls some1 tell me this is a joke. How is using teleportation 2 times (first to attack enemy unit, second to return you`re unit back on original place) irritatingly-effective combat tactic ????? But this was just thought from whoever wrote this article. There are lots of other pearls of wisdom in this detailed preview, but i`ll leave other to seek them out, and get their own conclusions. What is summed in the end, this article didnt reveal a single new information since last week video.

Darkeonz
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I agree with Darkeonz , because this `detailed preview article` explains almost all same things as video released 1 week ago. They mentioned : "bunch of new stuff, locations, units, skills, let’s roll, already; sheeesh." but didnt say anything about any of those new things :-(
"Next, we witnessed the usefulness of teleportation magic in combat: Zap your quicker, nimbler fighters instantly forward right up in the enemy’s face, let them get in a quick attack, and then zap them back to among your assembled ranks—not only an irritatingly-effective combat tactic." Pls some1 tell me this is a joke. How is using teleportation 2 times (first to attack enemy unit, second to return you`re unit back on original place) irritatingly-effective combat tactic ????? But this was just thought from whoever wrote this article. There are lots of other pearls of wisdom in this detailed preview, but i`ll leave other to seek them out, and get their own conclusions. What is summed in the end, this article didnt reveal a single new information since last week video.

Maybe it's one of the new runespells. To me it just sounded like what the assassin already does. But yeah you are right. I'm really curious about stuff like "how many new units are there gonna be, how many new items, how many new spells, how many new talents" and so on. I wonder if the vikings are the only new units that will be in warriors of the north, or if there will be new neutral units as well. Those are the things i'm interested in

I wish I was a more patient man lol. I usually don't really play games, except king's bounty, and that's because I played the original when it came out in 1990. I even still play the original now and then today ;)

westyofoz
03-02-2012, 12:26 AM
That's a mistake in the preview, as it was said, the release date is still Spring 2012.

Excuse my ignorance but I live in the southern hemisphere. Our Spring is September to November 2012. So I would estimate Spring in the northern hemisphere would be March-May 2012? So we should see this released soon I hope?

Darkeonz
03-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Excuse my ignorance but I live in the southern hemisphere. Our Spring is September to November 2012. So I would estimate Spring in the northern hemisphere would be March-May 2012? So we should see this released soon I hope?

On facebook they said April-May

Nike-it
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM

Surely it's April - May.:)

Danny
03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Nike, we have been playing "good" guys & girls for some time. Can a new game be developed for "baddies". Maybe we can play as a demon or undead character bent on world conquest or dishing out personal vengance?

rickah88
03-03-2012, 11:48 PM

He also mentioned you could use the teleport to grab treasure chest, ie. for the treasure hunter medal(if medals are still used, i hope so). I think he called it irritating speaking from the enemey's point of view....meaning "darn, these guys zap in, kick my butt, then zap out...how frustrating".

Nike-it
03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi Nike, we have been playing "good" guys & girls for some time. Can a new game be developed for "baddies". Maybe we can play as a demon or undead character bent on world conquest or dishing out personal vengance?

Interesting idea for future projects, I'll deliver it to the devs:)

rickah88
03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Interesting idea for future projects, I'll deliver it to the devs:)

That's what I find interesting! Bring 'em on!!

Elwin
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah I liked Majesty 2 : Monster Kingdom a lot. Shame its a bit short and too easy but it was awesome idea.