PDA

View Full Version : Mercs for Hire

Lochar
02-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Is there some certain schedule for which merc shows up where? After a nasty battle with the rebel camp, I lost 1 of my mercs. I could have reloaded a save but it was too painful going thru some of those fights again and just figured I would hire a new 1, but some of the ones I was interested in are replaced or missing. (BTW did a night ops attack on this and with me using night vision over rebels who didnt have any they damn well could shoot pretty well in the dark)

Do they change based on my rep? Or is there some certain times when 1 shows up vs another?

void1984
02-28-2012, 08:07 AM
If you play with BSM (which is worth to do) you can hire them via radio. Every bartender has one.

D_F_N
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
In vanilla there is no schedule. They show up randomly and your professionalism (a hidden value) does play a role if you can hire them or not. Now that you lost a merc your profesionalism took a hit. It will grow up again (i think through time and winning battles IIRC) but you shouldnt have a problem hiring low level mercs.

Lochar
03-02-2012, 02:39 AM
yeah I kinda figured I would take a hit but between random crashes and extradorinary accuracy from the rebels , that fight was taking forever and had a nice patch of killings between saves and my guy got 1 shotted and didnt want to do that sequence again.

Will play around with time and see if any intervals pass before can see a change.