PDA

View Full Version : Sans FOV Mod in bog stock 4.11

thetonester
02-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi all...i have a stock 4.11...no mods installed at all...so stock i have to have the cd in for it to run...how do i get Sans FOV mod to work???...do i have to put in a Mods folder or install any mods at all first...bit confused...thanks

pupo162
02-25-2012, 10:48 AM
isntallign sans is a rather complicated procedure. you wont need a mods folder. and it will work wit ha stock install.

just follow sans instructions that come with the program, and make sure yo do all the copy pasting correctly to the conf.ini

thetonester
02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
isntallign sans is a rather complicated procedure. you wont need a mods folder. and it will work wit ha stock install.

just follow sans instructions that come with the program, and make sure yo do all the copy pasting correctly to the conf.ini

thanks mate...i tried that...didnt work for me...using the latest...the RC one...installed everything as instructed...copy and pasted to conf ini as instructed...when i pressed the test button it would say..'oops...cant talk to il2 or somesuch...make sure il2 is named blabla...make sure conf ini blah blah...and something else....i tried everything and no cigar...i hav win 7 64 bit and have il2 installed to D:\ubisoft ...etc......not C:\Programfiles\ubisoft etc and wondered if that had something to do withit...tried it with and without IP address...with port 1711 and also with port numbers i choose...just never manages to see il2...totally lost...another forum said i had to instal a mod activator and mods folder but i would hav thought that wasnt required due to sans fov using devicelink....hope i can get it sorted coz its claustrophobic with standard fov on a widescreen monitor..

pupo162
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
thanks mate...i tried that...didnt work for me...using the latest...the RC one...installed everything as instructed...copy and pasted to conf ini as instructed...when i pressed the test button it would say..'oops...cant talk to il2 or somesuch...make sure il2 is named blabla...make sure conf ini blah blah...and something else....i tried everything and no cigar...i hav win 7 64 bit and have il2 installed to D:\ubisoft ...etc......not C:\Programfiles\ubisoft etc and wondered if that had something to do withit...tried it with and without IP address...with port 1711 and also with port numbers i choose...just never manages to see il2...totally lost...another forum said i had to instal a mod activator and mods folder but i would hav thought that wasnt required due to sans fov using devicelink....hope i can get it sorted coz its claustrophobic with standard fov on a widescreen monitor..

im sorry i cnat be of mroe help. i had the same problem you do, it turned out ot be a typo on conf.ini.

i have installed it about 1 year ago, cant remember the details :(

thetonester
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
could i possibly get a copy of you conf ini?....and the ini type files from the sans fov folder...even if you just copy the text from both and paste them into a reply here would be great...thanks mate

pupo162
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
//////////////

[DeviceLink]
port=1711

[QMB]
PlaneList=0

/////////////

that is the relevant line

make sure yout IP is correct in settings in the FOV changer

BTW, just remembered my tipo. i had divice, instead of device. check for that :P

thetonester
02-26-2012, 12:18 PM
thanx so much for ya help mate, will give it a try soon as i am able:grin: