PDA

View Full Version : Patch fixing file

Evgeny
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Guys, please, download this file (10,8 Mb) (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Theatre_of_War/ToW.exe) and replace the ToW.exe file in the game's catalogue after the installation of the patch. After that the problem both on Vista and on XP must be fixed. Start the game, then, please, post here the reports about results. If it helps, we will post the new fixed version of patch. The more of you post your reports, the sooner the fixed version will be out. This file is only for the Kalypso version. Thank you in advance.

primus360
03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry, but after overwriting the tow.exe with the new one, the insert DVD problem remains.
My system is XP.

Opilein
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I still have the Problem with "Insert Original DVD..." under XP with the new Tow.exe.Before the Patch came it was not necessary for me to have the Disc in Drive.The Game was running fine without.But now with the Copy Protection inside....
No chance to remove it?

pickled
03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Same here, applied the Kalypso patch and the updated TOW exe and still get the message insert DVD. Note: I have the version from GoGamer which there is no identifiable nomenclature on the box to signify it is from Kalypso.
System is XP.

PJK
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
the game now loads up no more insert DVD problem,but the game crashed in setup i have tried 4 times with no luck
VISTA 32bit

Sneaksie
03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
the game now loads up no more insert DVD problem,but the game crashed in setup i have tried 4 times with no luck
VISTA 32bit
PJK, which missions you've tried to run? Please send log.lst file found in game directory to dina@1c.ru (and content of cppcrash folder if exists).

PJK
03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
i have just done as you have requested

Sneaksie
03-27-2008, 05:58 AM
PJK, the game crashes because you have old core.dll file in game directory (from Kalypso release). Make sure you unpack patch files correctly and core.dll is replaced with newer version.

PJK
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
thanks for your time but ,that has not worked

i have unpacked the update file ,file by file and replaced the core.dll and still the same problem.

i has also replace all the files ,one by one and still crashes to desktop?

Sneaksie
03-28-2008, 06:27 AM
'Modified' file attribute of core.dll is 25 December, right? If yes, please send log.lst and new files from cppcrash again to the same address, there may be additional reason for crashing.

Morgoth
03-28-2008, 06:27 PM
'Modified' file attribute of core.dll is 25 December, right? If yes, please send log.lst and new files from cppcrash again to the same address, there may be additional reason for crashing.

Yes additional reason for crashes is that the patch is bugged lol.:rolleyes:

PJK
03-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Yes the 25th december
done as you requested

2haegar
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Unfortunatly the fixed ToW.exe does not work for me.
But i´m not quite sure if i have the version of the game the patch is meant for as it seems there are two versions distributed by Kalypso, an english one and a german one.
So could someone please tell me if the patch (and the fixed ToW.exe) already available is supposed to work with the german version from Kalypso, too?

Sneaksie
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
So could someone please tell me if the patch (and the fixed ToW.exe) already available is supposed to work with the german version from Kalypso, too?
No, unfortunately this patch is not compatible with German Kalypso version. Patch for German version will be released as soon as we'll receive updated localization files from Kalypso.

2haegar
04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the quick answer. Looks like i´ll have to wait a while.

primus360
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Several times i had to post here, that the kalypso patch ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2958 )
with the updated tow.exe ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987 ) is not working.

Now, nearly two weeks later, i have to read here, that the kalypso patch is not for the kalypso patch!

Please do not misunderstand me, but at the moment i feel a bit of anger, because no one said,
that this mysterious patch is only for the english version of kalypso.
Sorry, the main problem is that there are a lot of different versions out and nobody seems to have an overlook of what patch is for a specific version.

So please be so kind in the future:

- Do not produce so many different versions, and if You have to do it, so take care, that any patch, which is distributed anywhere, is suitable for any version!

- If You announce, that there is a patch for a specific version, please be so kind and tell us exactly the version ( i.e. english or german version),
because i don't believe that anyone here knows, that different kalypso versions do exist!

For the german version You wrote, that there are missing updated localization files. I do not believe, that it makes sense,
that You have to get data from a different subpublisher or from a similar construction, You really should have
a ruling position in this case and should never depend on a subpublisher.

Here i have to thank You, that i can get help if i have problems with Your software. And i get this help here in this forum not at a kalypso forum or anywhere else.
So please take care of Your future software for not making the same failures with a bunch of differing versions and go on with Your very nice forum.

Morgoth
04-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Several times i had to post here, that the kalypso patch ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2958 )
with the updated tow.exe ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987 ) is not working.

Now, nearly two weeks later, i have to read here, that the kalypso patch is not for the kalypso patch!

Please do not misunderstand me, but at the moment i feel a bit of anger, because no one said,
that this mysterious patch is only for the english version of kalypso.
Sorry, the main problem is that there are a lot of different versions out and nobody seems to have an overlook of what patch is for a specific version.

So please be so kind in the future:

- Do not produce so many different versions, and if You have to do it, so take care, that any patch, which is distributed anywhere, is suitable for any version!

- If You announce, that there is a patch for a specific version, please be so kind and tell us exactly the version ( i.e. english or german version),
because i don't believe that anyone here knows, that different kalypso versions do exist!

For the german version You wrote, that there are missing updated localization files. I do not believe, that it makes sense,
that You have to get data from a different subpublisher or from a similar construction, You really should have
a ruling position in this case and should never depend on a subpublisher.

Here i have to thank You, that i can get help if i have problems with Your software. And i get this help here in this forum not at a kalypso forum or anywhere else.
So please take care of Your future software for not making the same failures with a bunch of differing versions and go on with Your very nice forum.

If its any consolation,i can tell you,for a fact that the English patch problems are NOT at all solved by the so called FIX,so you Germans are no better,or no worse off than us English owning members of the Kalypso "Theatre of War" game,hope that makes you feel better lol.:grin:I mean atleast my method(of copying the old "Theatre of war",.exe,and saving it over the patched version),got the game started even if if still did crash to desktop when starting an actual game,but there patch does nothing and i mean NOTHING,still keeps asking for the Disk problem,jesus give me strength lol.

StrumTiger
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Guys at 1C, whats gooing -on ! this is a non-sense, we purchase the game, download the patch and so much people has the (INSERT DVD ) stuff.

I mean, come-on thats your bread and butter getting your stuff to work and its not rocket science, just fix it its been over a month... geeee:evil:

Pattens_evil_twin
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Im sure your working on this problem, but can you give us an idea of when we can expect a fix?

Thanks

Sneaksie
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Im sure your working on this problem, but can you give us an idea of when we can expect a fix?

Thanks

You have english KALYPSO version and your DVD is not recognized?

pickled
05-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I have the English Kalypso version and after applying the patch I still get the insert DVD message, this is on both Vista and XP installs. I'm about to give up on this and toss it if there's no update or acknowledgment that there's a problem still with the patch.

Pattens_evil_twin
05-07-2008, 02:27 PM
You have english KALYPSO version and your DVD is not recognized?

Yes thats correct, i have applied the Uber patch, then the uber patch patch, and still i get insert DVD

:confused:

SpaceJiim
06-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Okay I've been waiting for awhile now for a update on this situation...or anything. Any news whatsoever of a fix for this!? If not an official fix is there an unofficial fix out there? Anyone? Even if there isn't one yet, can I at least get a reply to soothe my fears that the developers are abandoning this project...

P.S. I did the new .exe and like the rest it failed. Same message: insert original dvd.

Nike-it
06-16-2008, 06:35 AM
For solving this problem, ask our support team: support@1cpublishing.eu

cyberslicer
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi!

Just letting you know that this worked for me after having the same problems with the English Uber patch from Kalypso. Using Vista Home Premium 32-bits

Full reinstall of Theater of war English retail from Kalypso.

Download of this version of the English Uber patch from Kalypso
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=tow_eng_kalypso_110081patch.zip&ref=ps

Be careful to point the patch to the correct install path and answer yes to all when asked to overwrite the files.

Downloaded the new ToW.exe provided from this forum and replaced the one
that come with the English Uber patch.

Started up the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode and have now gone through some tutorials without any problems

Best regards from
cyberslicer

The Glock
07-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry cyberslicer, but that didn't work for me, and I have Windows XP.

Anyone else figured it out yet?

The Glock
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Are the devs still working on this problem? There doesn't seem to be too much activity here...

Zenith
08-10-2009, 06:39 PM
It's a pity that an official fix for this problem has not been forthcoming, despite it being seemingly easy to solve. I can however confirm that this quick fix file worked for myself, so thank you to the author, you have saved me from a major headache (and unplayable game).