PDA

View Full Version : Importing models from MoW Wietnam to MoW AS - question

Windmaker
02-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm creating this topic to ask two questions:

1. Is it possible - from legal/law - point of view to import models from Men of War Wietnam to Men of War Assault Squad? I'm asking because as I know it's illegal to import models from MoW AS to MoW and I don't know how it works with Vietnam.

2. I have some troubles while I was importing T-54 model to MoW AS - I was able to import it, made it even moving, firing etc. but I have two problems - one is a lot of crashes while using model - I mean game sometimes crashes when I open inventory, sometimes when I fire etc. Always in different moments. And second problem is chess texture on T-54 texture - I mean it looks like there is something wrong with texture, like missing texture, but there is texture, and it's visible under this chess texture...

I hope someone will be able to answer those questions :)

BolliBomber
04-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm creating this topic to ask two questions:

1. Is it possible - from legal/law - point of view to import models from Men of War Wietnam to Men of War Assault Squad? I'm asking because as I know it's illegal to import models from MoW AS to MoW and I don't know how it works with Vietnam.
I hope someone will be able to answer those questions :)

Hi, iam not sure, but i think it is illegal to import missions or parts of it, but models were toleratet from 1c. Maybe a moderator can answer this correctly?

Windmaker
07-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Well after a very long time I have came back to modding MoW games.

I have a new question: I have ported a new model to MoW Vietnam. It works fine but I can't get it's track textures working. I have proper textures in model folder and in textures folder in animation section - original track textures that worked.

Is there any other place or something that I have to add those textures?

KnightFandragon
07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
The reason its crashing is sure, you have the model, the entity file and .def and what not, but you are missing the tank's gun files, its ammo files,(both of which would make ti crash during firing) its texture files(which is why it has checkerboard skin) and a few others that it uses to work properly. GO thruogh MoW:V, find those, copy them over and it should work.

Windmaker
07-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for answer but problem was different - it was rubbish in MoW AS files - I was porting new T-34-85 to MoW V. So everything works. The problem was with texture for tracks, but I just missed new texture and took wrong one - old one which is still in game files. Now it works fine: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/20/19727/3.jpg