PDA

View Full Version : British tanks are more powerfull than German tanks?

muttley
02-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Has anyone noticed how unfair it is for the Afrika Corps tanks fighting head on against British armor? Is it really possible for a Daimler scout car or a a Valentine tank both of which has 40mm guns to completely blow up a Panzer 4 with one shot!?!

kane1
02-17-2012, 07:51 PM
You must be talking about MP. I don't play MP so I can't say what happens in there but I've tried to destroy a Pz4 with a "Daimler scout car" and i couldn't even de-track it. I've seen a "Jagdtiger" blowup after taking one frontal shot, med tank taking a few 88's before exploding. All the MoW games have WTF moments. These games have so much going on while your playing, it's best to shake those moments off, reload, and get ready for the next kill.

muttley
02-18-2012, 07:59 PM
No I am playing the German Campaign mission 3: Desert Stronghold on SINGLE PLAYER mode. This is where you hastily set up a defense on a pass and British puny tanks like Crusaders, Valentines and Grants as well as Daimler armored cars come straight into your defenses like a turkey shoot, but their armor seems to be superior that even the superior 75mm gun from a Panzer 4 cant take them out even on a side shot. Yeah these are WTF moments in the game alright.

kane1
02-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I think that ones called "Scorching Sands", but I get your point. You could give yourself lots of reinforcement points. That way you can call in more help. I gave myself better Tanks as well.

OldnRusty
09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
No I am playing the German Campaign mission 3: Desert Stronghold on SINGLE PLAYER mode. This is where you hastily set up a defense on a pass and British puny tanks like Crusaders, Valentines and Grants as well as Daimler armored cars come straight into your defenses like a turkey shoot, but their armor seems to be superior that even the superior 75mm gun from a Panzer 4 cant take them out even on a side shot. Yeah these are WTF moments in the game alright.

Getting same issue with this mission. Actually I just joined these forums looking for an answer.

I've gone so far as to wait to build enough points to get a pack of 4 or 5 of the most costly medium tanks sent up... take them out as a group... get a good setup (same as you, had a good line side profile on one of the British tanks) watched all 4 of my tanks score 3 or so hits each.... so a minimum of 12 hits with AP rounds.... and then watched baffled as that British tank finally got it's turret spun around and took 4 shots.... destroying each of my tanks with one shot....

Thats not just one isolated event.... the mission has been like this since the start.... I'm just very baffled....

***edit*** worth mentioning that none of my tanks / or AT guns can kill one of the British armored cars either... at least not in less then 4 shots....
I purchased this game via STEAM.... so am hoping that it's just something messed up in the file or I need to go look for an update or patch.... I'm no history buff.... in that theatre of operation.... did the medium British tanks have 2 or 3 times thicker armor then the German medium tanks deployed or is my game bugged? When I moused over the tank British tank said armor 20-70 my tanks (the most expensive of the 3 unlocked, the one that costs 40pts to reinforce) only list it as 10-17 or something silly.

OldnRusty
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
HA! ok not sure why or how it fixed itself ...
but after posting I restarted my computer, loaded my save game.
Now my tanks are actually performing as expected....
1 or 2 hits are actually registering damage now, or destroying the hull or turret... Soooooo much easier then having to score 10 or 12 hits to kill a tank.

.... soooo strange.

Hope Muttley your game got fixed too.... this mission is sooo much more fun when your armor isn't bugged/glitched..... :D

lonewulf
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Are the 75mm barrels on your Mk 4s short or long? If short, they are low velocity weapons intended for infantry support (destroying strong points/pill boxes etc) not tank on tank engagements.

KnightFandragon
09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes, the AI British guns are better then the German L48, WHY? idk...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean though, its as if the Panzer IVs cant even hurt anything...they get like 0 penetration at range while the British are driving around in Challenger IIs and you stand no chance....

Even after I made my own mod and made the L48 and what not better, the stupid little Crusaders still seem to bounce rounds well and blow up the Panzer IVs well enough.......its odd and very annoying, you dont dare to show your tank's faces...