PDA

View Full Version : Luv the patch... if only my Joystick would work!

baldeagle72
02-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Well...I carefully upgraded in the proper order of patches up to 4.11m (english version) with the hotpatch in the right dir too, and after spending several hours "researching"... have come to conclusion... "she no go"! I can start the game, still see my quick combat missions aok, and when I get into the game... my joystick is not responding. I have an Evo forcefeedback stick from Saitek. It still works just fine in Over Flanders Fields, MSFS 2004 and FSX. All other parts of my joystick in IL2 used to work just fine, I was running 4.08 before upgrades installed... Any ideas would be of great help. I'm VERY grateful for your fine efforts to produce a tremendous upgrade for us diehard IL2 fans though! Anyway, maybe in the next effort sometime a night fighter version of the Me-110 or an He-219 Owl could be made is my only suggestion, again thanks so much in advance for any ideas on how to get my joystick "seen" and functioning in 4.11m International/English version...

IceFire
02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
What does IL-2 show in the in-game Configuration screen? What does it show in the IL-2 setup.exe (found in the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 directory)? I'm guessing it isn't seeing the joystick at all in these places? It may be as simple as pointing IL-2 at the controller...

I think some small changes to the controller happened in the 4.09m patch. After that no changes that I know about that should affect the joystick. What version did you start at?

SaQSoN
02-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Did you tried to re-assign controller axis in the controls options?

Pursuivant
02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Another possibility is that the game is recognizing a device other than your joystick, as the primary game control. I had a problem with the game thinking that a web-cam was my primary input device.

baldeagle72
02-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I've been to several meetings since my post and working at my full time job too! Will grab some time this Sunday to sit and examine and try all the great ideas here. Thank you all again for a quick response! I started out with the "stock" right out of the box IL2-1946 which was 4.08. Will try all the aforementioned suggestions and then post any luck or progress...
:grin:

baldeagle72
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Well now... Good news! It was a classic case of just following my gut instincts to get my Joystick working in 4.11m! I went into the HOTAS button from the controls menu, and then scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the controls selections... and then picked the elevator control, and lo and behold... when I moved my elevator joytick in the elevator direction... it updated it! Then it was just a matter of going thru the 936 different commands to get everthing just "so"... but I'm in IL2 Valhallea now lads! MAN THIS IS AWESOME... I feel like I've got a whole new flight sim... the only thing I can't figure out is how to get the cockpit lights to come on... I got the gauge lights to work. But hey... we're good to go now! Thanks again for the postings to try and help me out all-
Keep up the good work there folks-