PDA

View Full Version : New patch PROBLEMS!!

PJK
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
I have installed this new patch and after months of waiting and 3 hours to download it:(
i have not been able to play this game i upgraded to vista.
which it says on the box is supported...........it just loads up the map i go through the setup and it crashes to desktop??.i have tried everything.

and now after months of waiting hopeing
It is not working "Please insert DVD" and all that happens:confused:

Please help as this is a great game,properly the best WW2 wargame i have ever played

BUT this is becoming a pain.

Opilein
03-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I have exact the same Problem.
And hope for help soon.

submarinex1
03-23-2008, 05:11 PM
the funny part is i installed game on vista and not had single problem, untill i downloaded the patch, ive not played it much since save games dont work with patch and didnt want to win a hard battle only to lose it.

Evgeny
03-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Ok, thank you for the reports. The developers are working on this problem now, we'll inform you about the results ASAP. So, stay tuned.

Morgoth
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
As the title suggests,here is kind of a solution,but i still think the new kalypso patch is bugged.If you make a copy of the original TOW1c game starting file,in the Kalypso/Theatre of War folder,then install the new patch then paste the copy in that file,letting it write over the new one,then the game with the patch on runs,without the asking for a original DVD problem.:grin:

HOWEVER:confused:,when you attempt to play the game,once your past the map and setup stages it crashes to desktop,im preaty sure its nothing to do with doing that,as others have reported desktop crashes at the same time,when map is loading up,so i think that is a problem with the patch itself,which because it crashes there for some and not others,is a software or compatibility(of individual hardware)problem.

primus360
03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Many posts make believe, that only Vista users have the INSERT DVD patch problem.
Now i can state, that XP users have the same problem.
Hope that there will be a quick solution!

Evgeny
03-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you for the report, I told about it the people responsible for this.

Shega
03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Here goes the solution:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987

PJK
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Almost but no cigar,:)
The insert DVD problem in fixed on my Vista 32bit
But i still can`t get past the setup phase the game crashes to desktop?

primus360
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
For XP users the new tow.exe does not change the insert DVD behaviour.

Opilein
03-26-2008, 09:16 PM
I will not bet on it,but i think the Copyprotect. is maybe the problem.
I have the same "Please insert Coin......"Problem under XP.
Have shifted my new DVD drive with a nearly 5 years old one ,and now run the game!Have no idea why.
Only a strange feeling about the copy protection itself...

Morgoth
03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
For XP users the new tow.exe does not change the insert DVD behaviour.

Im a XP user and can assure you it does,but like i said has the crash to desktop when starting a loading the map up problem
:rolleyes:Actualy your right about the new supposed fix,i just tried that,but not about my solution hehe.

demy1942
11-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Has the 1.10 patch for the kalypso version ever come out that fixes the "Insert DVD" question? I haven't seen much action on a fix to this problem.

Sneaksie
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Are you sure that you have English Kalypso version? For example most online stores sell another version. In addition, German Kalypso one needs another patch.

jermizzou
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem...once I installed the patch...it wanted me to reinsert the DVD/CD...

Try hitting the right mouse button when the cursor is on the shortcut, then hit (run as administrator) that got me past this hiccup!!! (I have Vista)

my problem now is that I can get the save game screen, but can enter only the name (and no game saves even when it states it is 'saving'

Sneaksie
02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
jermizzou, game can't save progress and preferences in Vista, if you run it without 'Run as Administrator' option. Do you run it using this option each time?

jermizzou
02-25-2009, 05:44 AM
:-xAfter using 'run as administrator' start up a few times...I can now use regular startup...occasionally, I still need to go to 'run admin' if game stalls///are they working on a Vista save patch or am I stuck w/a lemon?

Sneaksie
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
jermizzou
Which version of the game you have? Each version needs it's own uberpatch.

tigershuffle
03-22-2009, 08:14 PM
This is how I got it working on Vista. (Kalypso DVD version)
Installed patch.
Installed JSH mod.

Right click on Shortcut...
choose 'Customise'..
click 'Edit'
click 'Compatability' (3rd along top)
check the box for run in compatability mode 'xp service pack 2'
check the box 'run as adminitstrator'
apply.

works for me everytime :cool:
good luck

matabiko
07-06-2009, 01:54 AM
i got question.. so how do i play in JSH mod?.. i already installed the patch...
my tow version is not from 1C company (battlefront)... mine is eng/thai version (ERA)
pls help!... looks like i have to install all over again!... :((

Sneaksie
07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Make sure you installed the right patch for Thai version (http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=towpatch_110081thai.zip&ref=ps).
After that, install english JSH mod.