PDA

View Full Version : 4.11 Discussion

WhistlinggDeath
02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Hello Team D - This thread is meant only for your members directly. (with no disrespect to anyone else, and bc of the heated postings in the other thread, I am only going to address this to, and respond to postings by known members of Team D (like JtD) or direct testers (like Icefire) who worked on patch 4.11. Due to arguments, emotions, etc... I will not respond to any other posters but Team D directly, and hopefully no one but direct Team D members will respond here) There are certain methods in which planes are tested (or the code can be checked, .. the ultimate arbiter for IL2) and unlike the other thread, this will be only about numbers.

From the source code for 4.11, I see many differences. To me, one of the more unusual, is the Ta 152-H1 (I will cover other details in coming days).

In patch, 4.10. it goes (and can maintain for some minutes) ~ 575 kph on WEP at 102/103% power at sea level in level flight, without riding into overheat.

In patch 4.11, it goes (and can only maintain) ~ 530 kph at 99% throttle with no WEP and auto pitch, for some minutes at sea level in level flight. Any more throttle, adding WEP or making pitch adjustments and overheat comes very quick (unless you drop pitch considerably (from the source code), in which case you cannot approach the magic 530 kph number).

Obviously, this is a large change. I can find no official Luftwaffe or other sources to support either the 575 Kph or the 530 kph figure.

Can I know the historical source (or documentation, book, etc...) you are using for the TA numbers and why the change ?

WhistlinggDeath
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
The actual Chance Vought (the manufacturer) tested specs for the F4U-D (1944) Corsair, found here:

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/f4u/f4u.html

Give the following info:

On 100% power, no WEP - 318 mph (or 511 kph), at sea level, in level flight - This can be reached as shown in the source code and with 4.10.1 or 4.11. At this power level, with 2700 rpms for the Wasp, no overheat should occur in the first 30 minutes.. In 4.11, overheat kicks in after a few minutes (measuring now). (one caveat though, in real life they rode with the cowl full open and achieved 318 mph. If 4.10.1 or 4.11, you cannot achieve this 510 kph mark with the cowl full open. And this is also a requirement to reach the needed cooling for full 2700 rpm operation, so that no overheat ever occurs).

On 110% power, full WEP - 358 mph (or 576 kph) at sea level, in level flight - As shown in the source code, this can never be reached in 4.10.1 or 4.11. It also lists (second link in the final list) that water injection (full WEP) at 110% power can be maintained in level flight at sea level for 5 min and 37 sec before engine overheat begins. In 4.11, on the Crimea map, overheat kicks in at 91 seconds and top speed is 550 kph.

Is there another better source than Chance Vought, that Team D is using for the F4U-D flight model ?

WhistlinggDeath
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Who created the algorithm I see implemented for the overheat model ?

Who programmed that into 4.11?

K_Freddie
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
From the source code for 4.11, I see many differences.
As shown in the source code, this ...
Maybe you'd like to elaborate on these statements ??

Who created the algorithm I see implemented for the overheat model ?
Who programmed that into 4.11?

Is this a witch-hunt ??

You have to be kidding me.. right :confused:

WhistlinggDeath
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry, K Freddie, respectfully, this thread is intended for Team D only. Cannot comment on your post. S! and have a good afternoon - WD

KG26_Alpha
02-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Thread locked.

If TD want to discuss anything with you they can via PM e-mail etc.

If you dont want general discussion on your thread then use the PM e-mail system in future.